to ask how often you have sex?

(72 Posts)
alisunshine29 Wed 09-Jan-13 12:55:59

Was watching This Morning where one woman was saying sex was really important in a relationship and she'd leave her partner if they weren't having sex. The other woman said sometimes her and her husband don't have sex for months but are still happy. How often do you have it? How important is it to you?

stopgap Thu 10-Jan-13 01:52:03

3-4 times a week. We have one DS of seventeen months.

2-3 days... but ttc so we "have to" grin

BonkeyMollocks Thu 10-Jan-13 01:33:59

And quietly giggling that my last post was number 69! grin

<childish>

BonkeyMollocks Thu 10-Jan-13 01:33:03

Boggle ?

Im thinking you could get the best of both wilds and play durty Boggle! wink

Pickles101 Thu 10-Jan-13 01:27:41

Nada.

envy

Aspiemum2 Thu 10-Jan-13 00:32:26

Grr, would be right now if dts wasn't going through sleep regression. Sleep god damn you child!!
Last time was last night but was just a quickie as been out of action with AF for a week so we didn't last long!blush

MrsMelons Wed 09-Jan-13 20:41:47

Glad my melons make you smile grin grin grin

SoleSource Wed 09-Jan-13 20:38:01

MrsMelons grin grin grin

I am actually grinning.

MrsMelons Wed 09-Jan-13 20:34:33

Sole that is awful sad!

<<waves at Sole my internet friend>>

KitCat26 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:34:30

2 or 3 times a month. If we weren't so tired we'd both love to get back to 3-4 times a week.

SoleSource Wed 09-Jan-13 20:31:41

Not since 2008.Never again as I.do.not want to be hurt and men ime cannot be trusted. Ever.

ThedementedPenguin Wed 09-Jan-13 20:27:47

Usually 2-3 times a week. However pregnancy slowed that down, then there was the bleeding after. We had just about got back to it when I received a call saying I had abnormal cells and needed a biopsy. Was told no sex for 3-4 weeks. Have had sex twice from that. Period for a week over Xmas and now I'm just randomly bleeding. So no sex.

I agree it is important but it's not the be all and end all for me.

Kleptronic Wed 09-Jan-13 20:27:28

God I wish this was in chat and would disappear! Then I'd vent join in.

Mind you probably for the best for other threadsters!

JustFabulous Wed 09-Jan-13 20:24:28

We had more when the kids went to bed at 7pm.....

About once a week - we like to save it up til really horny and then go for it grin.

Fairylea Wed 09-Jan-13 20:21:05

Used to be everyday. Twice a day sometimes.

Since ds 7months ago maybe averaging twice a week.

Currently at the point where I have absolutely zero sex drive. Sleep is much more appealing.

Anonymumous Wed 09-Jan-13 20:20:55

Twice in the last 18 months (we have a nine month old baby... wink). Once or twice a month for the 18 months before that (we were trying for a baby). Not at all for the 27 months before that (I was pregnant, then had baby, then didn't want another baby too soon). Mind you, we didn't do it for two and a half years before we got married either, and it took us four days to get around to 'consummating' it even then! I guess we are just not very 'sexy' people...

MrsMelons Wed 09-Jan-13 20:19:56

Mama a lot of my friends say the same thing, that they feel too tired or stressed out but once they get into they really enjoy it.

Dogsmom Wed 09-Jan-13 20:17:58

2-3x a month.
We're affectionate in other ways though, we hold hands whenever were out, always cuddle up on the settee in the evening and every night fall asleep with some part of us touching.
To me it's the little things like that which make us close and keep our marriage strong.,
I've had relationships in the past where we've had tons of sex but hardly any affection besides and there's no comparison.

MamaBear17 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:17:39

I think my own sex drive ebbs and flows, but my hubby's is consistently high. I love him to pieces, but at the moment I could be very happy going without because I am so knackered all of the time. However, I know that would put a strain on our relationship so I try and ensure we do it a couple of times a week. For me, it is sometimes a case of 'faking it until I make it'. By which I mean, I dont really feel like it but make the effort for him and then end up enjoying myself!

FreudianLisp Wed 09-Jan-13 20:16:59

Once every couple of years.

Fakebook Wed 09-Jan-13 20:13:32

None of your business.

2-3 times a week.

MrsMelons Wed 09-Jan-13 20:01:18

Not enough at the moment, used to be a few times a day (soon stopped when I fell pregnant within 2 weeks of getting together and got awful morning/all day sickness blush), then after DCs a few times a week.

At the moment once every few months at most, not because we don't want to or don't fancy each other but because of circumstances. DH was made redundant then within a month his mum died. He was depressed/grieving for a while and we were very intimate but just didn't have sex.

It just seems that it has been one illness or crap thing after another and just as I feel we may be getting back on track he gets the flu, then as he is almost recovered I do.

I want to do it more and I feel a bit insecure if we aren't (my daft issues I know), he would like to also but feels completely comfortable as he has no daft issues grin

We will get back on track as everything else between us is so good but I think it will take some time as we have so much crap going on we are mega tired and stressed so it just doesn't seem to fit in!

whois Wed 09-Jan-13 19:55:26

Totally depends. Every day, more than once a day, once a week, once every two week.

Depends on work, social lives, mood, stress etc etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now