Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask how often you have sex?

(72 Posts)
alisunshine29 Wed 09-Jan-13 12:55:59

Was watching This Morning where one woman was saying sex was really important in a relationship and she'd leave her partner if they weren't having sex. The other woman said sometimes her and her husband don't have sex for months but are still happy. How often do you have it? How important is it to you?

nannyof3 Wed 09-Jan-13 13:49:43

Once a month

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Wed 09-Jan-13 13:50:20

And I LOVE boggle!

Where can I order it from? Amazon??

valiumredhead Wed 09-Jan-13 13:50:45

Yes, Amazon.

AmberSocks Wed 09-Jan-13 13:53:11

2 or 3 times a week.occassionally we will go a couple of weeks without,but i couldnt be with someone where i knew sex was no more.

Cortana Wed 09-Jan-13 13:54:15

Usually every day.

Unless AF is visiting then I am currently out of action and in massive pants, bloated and grumpy <sexy>

CaptChaos United States Wed 09-Jan-13 13:58:34

Once or twice a year. Entirely my fault, had a D&C a while back where they manipulated my uterus and obviously tore my pelvic floor muscles, and now I have almost no feeling at all.

I feel sorry for my DH, but we are affectionate in other ways and it hasn't been a major drama.

I really miss it though sad

valiumredhead Wed 09-Jan-13 14:03:29

capt have you ever had physio for it? I only ask as my physio was pretty shocked that I hadn't ever been offered physio after my c section, she was of the thinking that everyone should be offered it. Ignore me if you have explored all avenues already.

MrsCR Wed 09-Jan-13 14:16:12

I love that a thread about sex has turned into a sales spike for Boggle smile

go us!

few times a month

JoanByers Wed 09-Jan-13 17:51:10

I don't think Boggle is very good sex.

valiumredhead Wed 09-Jan-13 17:54:31

I bet if I tell dh there is a blow hob in it for him he'll play a couple of games of Boggle with me wink

catgirl1976 England Wed 09-Jan-13 17:58:04

about 5 times a week

But agree it ebbs and flows

None whilst I was pregnant. DH "wasn't comfortable" hmm

None for a while after giving birth to a 9lb 1 baby via forceps and an episiotomy

I was far from "comfortable" myself for a while after that grin

soontobeburns Wed 09-Jan-13 17:59:12

Me and OH dont live together so I see him about 4 nights a week
When we are together we have sex about 2 times a day and oral once a day when we are together tmi but some days I can go without others it can be up to 6 times a day.
Longest without whilst together is 2 days. We couldnt do the 2ww for the hsg so ended up using condoms opps.
On average 6 times a week.

This is us cut down as the fertility specislist said we had too much sex and this lead to lack of sperm opps.

diabolo Wed 09-Jan-13 17:59:39

Known each other for 16 years, married for 12 - still manage it with great enthusiasm around 3 times a week.

Monthly, not weekly. Sex drive highly dependent on hormone cycle.

around 6-10 times a month. Can be zero if DH is overseas in the wrong week, and when pg and ebf I can happily go without for a year.

BertieBotts Germany Wed 09-Jan-13 18:04:31

I think looking at it in terms of frequency is kind of shallow and shortsighted. It misses the point of what sex is, for me. I think most couples' sex lives ebb and flow over time, depending on external stressors, hormonal factors, general feelings for each other and generally in life etc. Sometimes it can be every day or more and sometimes it can be a few weeks between times. As long as everyone's happy and respectful, it's fine.

fluffyraggies England Wed 09-Jan-13 18:10:10

4/5 times a week.

Together 7 years.

Could absolutely not cope with sex less than once a week. I'd go mad. I'd happily have sex twice a day every day.

<i did warn him> grin

BelaLugosisShed Wed 09-Jan-13 18:12:59

I'm just wondering what the hell shaving your legs has got to do with the amount of sex you have confused I haven't shaved my legs or armpits since around October, it hasn't removed my libido ( nor DH's) .

thebody Wed 09-Jan-13 18:13:17

Doing it now.

bangersnmash Wed 09-Jan-13 18:15:04

4/5 times a week currently , sometime more . We have been together 12 years .
After years of either trying to have a baby or being pregnant I'm enjoying having sex just for pleasures sake. I also came off the pill 6 months ago after it was making me depressed and I've felt so much better and libido back to normal .

Never played boggle though ( off to look on amazon)

I'm jealous of you lot envy

I'm pretty much single, as the chap I'm with, I rarely see, due to distance and his work.

With my ExH he rarely felt like it, so once a week if I was lucky pre children and he wouldn't come near me when pregnant and breast feeding, think I got it maybe once a month sometimes two post children not for lack of trying

In my ideal world I'd want it every other day definitely, maybe more. I'm still envy at all you people on here having regular sex.

<goes off to sulk a bit>

BertieBotts Germany Wed 09-Jan-13 18:27:03

Never shave mine either Bela. DP doesn't seem to mind!

soontobeburns Wed 09-Jan-13 19:17:59

For me whilst I have it rather often see above I am not always horny. I like to feel close and make love to my DP im maybe only horny half the time. it does make a difference

whois Wed 09-Jan-13 19:55:26

Totally depends. Every day, more than once a day, once a week, once every two week.

Depends on work, social lives, mood, stress etc etc

MrsMelons Wed 09-Jan-13 20:01:18

Not enough at the moment, used to be a few times a day (soon stopped when I fell pregnant within 2 weeks of getting together and got awful morning/all day sickness blush), then after DCs a few times a week.

At the moment once every few months at most, not because we don't want to or don't fancy each other but because of circumstances. DH was made redundant then within a month his mum died. He was depressed/grieving for a while and we were very intimate but just didn't have sex.

It just seems that it has been one illness or crap thing after another and just as I feel we may be getting back on track he gets the flu, then as he is almost recovered I do.

I want to do it more and I feel a bit insecure if we aren't (my daft issues I know), he would like to also but feels completely comfortable as he has no daft issues grin

We will get back on track as everything else between us is so good but I think it will take some time as we have so much crap going on we are mega tired and stressed so it just doesn't seem to fit in!

2-3 times a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now