Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that having a tattoo of someone's name is... Not good

(102 Posts)
NotAChocolateRaisin Mon 31-Dec-12 20:41:18

Im in a grey area about names of the deceased or children's names but I personally would think it was tacky hideous not good if my mum had my name tattooed on her or if someone did after I died.

AIBU?

EmmaBemma Wed 02-Jan-13 10:52:49

"Have the courage of your own convictions and not mind what other people think, it's your body."

I have tattoos so we're coming at this from different angles but I agree with every word. Getting my first tattoo was instructive in exactly this way - I hadn't realised how much weight I gave other people's opinions and was unprepared for how worried I was about what people would think. In a funny sort of way I think it has made me braver!

SarahWarahWoo Wed 02-Jan-13 11:42:48

I am not a fan but would consider name of a deceased loved one, a small one like Horace's OH. I still giggle at my friend Mark being upset that his new girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) had "Steve" tattooed boldly on her breast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now