Aaaarrgghhh! I DON'T LIKE PINK!

(128 Posts)
Yamyoid Mon 10-Dec-12 11:03:57

Aibu? Mil keeps buying stuff for dd, and it's all pink. I don't want to be ungrateful, and some of the clothes have been lovely, but she is an intelligent, liberal minded woman so what's with the pink obsession? I feel it's now a bit late to say, please stop buying pink stuff (this includes bedroom accessories). But the prospect of 10 more years of pink is depressing.

nickelbabylyinginamanger Tue 11-Dec-12 13:30:08
nickelbabylyinginamanger Tue 11-Dec-12 13:32:52

but, yes, blue for boys too - it's almost endemic hmm

DD is wearing blue today.
we got these fab dungarees from m&co in blue - the teeshirt that came with it was also blue (red and blue would have worked because there's red stitching on the dungees)
but it was in the boys' section.

she is wearing blue stripey tights, butof course, they've got flowers on, because heaven forbid anyone mistake them for boys' tights. hmmhmm

and a mint green cardi.

and an orange gruffalo vest.

helenlynn Tue 11-Dec-12 19:39:51

blonderthanred, you're quite right about why girls can wear blue/boys' things in general/a Spiderman costume to a fancy-dress party, while it's seen as shaming for boys to wear pink/girls' things/a fairy costume; I'm glad other people see it. It is definitely about moving up or down the gender and sex hierarchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now