to want to drill a hole in my head and scoop my sinuses out with a tea spoon?

(59 Posts)
giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sun 09-Dec-12 15:20:41

well am I? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry that is how my head and face feels just now, pills are Shit I need some sort of sinus removal device.

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Sun 09-Dec-12 15:24:19

Me too. No suggestions. Off to hose out sinuses with a fire hose.

fuzzpig Sun 09-Dec-12 15:27:06

Have you tried sinus flushing with salt water and a syringe?

HansieMom Sun 09-Dec-12 15:28:30

Neti pot. Instant relief! Any drugstore, get one with packets included.

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Sun 09-Dec-12 15:29:26

My mum swears by steam inhalations with menthol crystals dissolved in hot water. I think you can buy them at a chemist.

ScarlettsPlantHasTinselHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 15:29:42

Me too, I'm using it as an excuse to lie on the sofa and watch shit on tv all day with the puppy wink

weblette Sun 09-Dec-12 15:30:10

Send the drill here when you've finished please. Feels like some bastard is smacking my sinuses with a hammer atm...

WelshMaenad Sun 09-Dec-12 15:32:19

I use sterimar seawater nasal spray, it is the stuff of the gods.

AlistairSim Sun 09-Dec-12 15:34:14

If you use on of the washes, does loads of gunk come out?

NettoHoHoHoSuperstar Sun 09-Dec-12 15:35:40

Do you want a hand with that? <helpful>

fuzzpig Sun 09-Dec-12 15:40:56

I found a fair bit came out when I did steam inhalation (had no access to menthol crystals but just squirted a karvol capsule into the water!)

You know they actually do that for horses don't you. They drill a flap in their face, get all the gunk out and close the flap again. shock

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Sun 09-Dec-12 15:45:25

DH wants you to know he feels the same. He is going to trepan himself very soon.

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 09-Dec-12 15:48:35

I'm off to put a neti pot on my christmas list if that puts an end to my almost 20 a day sneezing habit I will find you hansiemum and kiss you

AlistairSim Sun 09-Dec-12 15:48:56

Oooh, netto, maybe we could hold the bowl?

And a sieve.
I feel a sieve could be useful.

Fakebook Sun 09-Dec-12 15:59:23

And that is exactly what they do when they operate to sort out sinuses. My lecturer at university used to tell us how they had drilled holes in the top of her nose to release air or something.

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sun 09-Dec-12 16:03:09

My gran had it done - a hole widened so it all drained out - sounds like bliss right now.

Had steam in shower. Lots of meds. I want it to SHIFT! I can feel it sort of bubbling a bit.

Problem with head over a bowl is that having my head forward hurts more. And I can't really tip a bowl of boiling water up to my face as it will spill and I will have scalded boobs!

How do they know when a horse needs that done?!

Meglet Sun 09-Dec-12 16:06:01

yanbu. I rant about wanting a bottle of Jack Daniels and a scalpel to take my wisdom teeth out on a regular basis.

farandawaysheran Sun 09-Dec-12 16:06:35

Not much help immediately but my sister used to cry with pain and then tried acupuncture.

Don't want to jinx but she's been pain free a few years now.

My sympathy.

Mibby Sun 09-Dec-12 16:12:21

Sending lots of sympathy <off to google neti pot before attempting own facial drilling>

TheJoyfulChristmasJumper Sun 09-Dec-12 16:15:13

YANBU.

I've spent the last few weeks feeling like someone has stuffed my sinuses with as much cotton wool as they can hold, and then shoved in another load. Every time I have a shower I fill the sink with hot water and chuck some olbas oil or karvol drops in so it mixes with the steam. It only helps for half an hour or so though. sad

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sun 09-Dec-12 16:19:08

I attempted a home made netti pot there with an old drinking beaker. No rivers of slime as in the youtube videos - gutted!

NettoHoHoHoSuperstar Sun 09-Dec-12 16:24:24

Order bargainous pashminas, I am told they help with all ailments sinus troubles.

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sun 09-Dec-12 16:26:30

do you think it would help if I crushed an antibiotic and snorted it like cocaine? <desperate>

I am going to eat another ice lolly - at least that numbs my sore throat!

valiumredhead Sun 09-Dec-12 16:31:11

Steam inhalation every hour with Albas Oil.

I had it for a couple of months and the only thing that got rid of it was giving up cow's milk - I hardly drank any, less than half a pint a day but obviously it was too much.

Within a few days I felt normal again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now