to not get why people have deer heads on their walls?

(80 Posts)
TheSecretSantaDNCOP Thu 06-Dec-12 22:28:42

They take up so much room! Surely a smaller animal would work better? You'd have room for family photos and commemorative plates too.

Maybe cats or turtles would work better. Or a hamster if you live in a flat.

You could get a deers arse and put it on the other side of the wall grin

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 08:34:24

Ooh! I could put a mechanism in one the legs to make it twitch grin

MrsBucketxx Fri 07-Dec-12 08:38:08

i wish animal rights terrorists would do one, and shuv the antlers sideways up their arse.

deer cause all sorts of problems to heathland and grase to a certain level, they need to be culled/eated whatever so other smaller wildlife can have the chance to build nests rtc and it affects the whole eco system. when deer numbers get too high.

i dont have any myself my house is too small, but have no problems with it

YABU.

We have two sets of antlers, one with skull, one without, and another set which we haven't got around to hanging. They are very useful for hanging Christmas decorations from.

Chopsypie Fri 07-Dec-12 08:46:52

Last time I went to see GP there was one of those lifestyle magazines where people have all sorts of strange design choices.
In it, ti showed a bathroom. Roll top bath in the middle of the room (no sink or toilet viaible from the picture), bare floor boards, black walls and an enourmous deerhead. It was positioend so it would be looking at you whilst you were in the bath <shivers>
No thank you

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 08:49:00

Who's an animal rights terrorist?

I love a bit of venison. I also love a bit of turkey. Wouldn't pin a wishbone on my wall, but that's just me.

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 08:49:49

I'd actually like an animal with the capacity to look shocked. That would be an interesting talking piece for dinner parties...

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 08:50:44

chopsy it should stare at you while you're on the toilet. That'd be best.

stifnstav Fri 07-Dec-12 08:50:50

Oh dear, I have one and he is not made of animal, plus he has a name!

When people see him, they say "hmmm, that's different", which means they hate him. I don't mind, the baby loves looking at him.

I wouldn't tolerate him watching me in the bath though.

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 08:53:58

It's no wonder they hate it, it's a vegetarian head! For every vegetarian head someone buys, a real one gets wasted, left to stare blankly at the sky, in a field, no body to keep it company sad

Chopsypie Fri 07-Dec-12 08:54:09

It might stare whilst you are on the toilet, but I couldnt see the toilet from the photo.

It was pretty terrifying.

Fakebook Fri 07-Dec-12 08:56:14
MrsBucketxx Fri 07-Dec-12 08:58:15

thank you fakebook

Spons Fri 07-Dec-12 09:09:20

They've got a (v cute) Rudolph reindeer one in a shop by me, it's lovely put also £40!!! reindeer head

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 09:18:31

Sorry, I thought I was being accused of being one for starting this thread! grin

catgirl1976geesealaying Fri 07-Dec-12 09:24:12

The new ones are the new "twigs and shit"

Or "stags and shit" as I call it

HullyEastergully Fri 07-Dec-12 09:25:19

I have lots of deer heads and at Chrimboloid we have a deer head that moves and sings.

So ner

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 09:27:03

Oh hully... I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed...

MrsBucketxx Fri 07-Dec-12 09:55:56

did you have a billy bass back in the day hully?

we have bronze stag called sid it that helps

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 10:45:56
ChristmasSpiritEndorphins Fri 07-Dec-12 10:49:01

They should have plastic singing bass heads wearing Santa hats instead. That's classy.

Chopsypie Fri 07-Dec-12 10:49:22

I made the mistake of looking at the UKtaxidermy website

Why?
Octopus anyone?

Chopsypie Fri 07-Dec-12 10:51:19

Hare?

I cant stop now

ChristmasSpiritEndorphins Fri 07-Dec-12 10:53:03

Oh, it is the entire body, not just a head. Like this.

TheSecretSantaDNCOP Fri 07-Dec-12 10:56:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now