Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not want a minute by minute account of Kate's pregnancy and little sympathy for her.

(512 Posts)
babbas Mon 03-Dec-12 21:15:03

She's rich, she has all the support in the world and will have no cooking, cleaning, vocational work or responsibilities. I really really really do not want to have daily updates on her condition or her pregnancy for the next nine months! It's so typical of everything she stands for that they have already announced she will have to be on rest for the foreseeable future. As opposed to doing what exactly??!

My best friend had HG and lost a stone in 8 days. She went to hospital and was told to pull her herself together as most women had morning sickness. No time off work, no help whatsoever.

BOFingSanta Mon 03-Dec-12 21:23:30

She's worked quite hard for a rich lass lately, hasn't she? Cheering up the plebs and whatnot. You can hardly begrudge her decent medical care, and I daresay she isn't relishing the prospect of several months of scrutiny. YABU and rather unpleasant- you don't have to be a royalist to have a bit of sympathy for someone just on a human level. She's not the Antichrist.

Themobstersknife Mon 03-Dec-12 21:23:33

Blimey that's harsh! I am no royalist but put your human hat on! This is a young couple, expecting their first baby, having to announce to the whole world way before they probably wanted to because she is in hospital feeling very poorly. He has lost his mum in very tragic and public circumstances yet his mum is probaby the person he needs most in the world right now. Yes they have some advantages in life, but they are still two people going through the most exciting, scary, daunting thing, with the eyes of the world on them. And people like you being horrid and bitter towards them. Its not all about money and privelege you know. I have by no means had a great experience with maternity services but it doesn't mean I have to be harsh and unkind.

TigerFeet Mon 03-Dec-12 21:24:07

I'm not overly bothered about her pregnancy tbh although I wish her well in the same way as I would wish anyone well.

I do have sympathy for her HG though, I had it and it was grim beyond words. I'm not rich or titled but I did get good care, didn't stop me from feeling like I'd actually rather die than feel like I did for a day longer.

Have a bit of empathy OP, your friend had a bad experience and that's not fair but that shouldn't make anyone wish the same on someone else.

WHo knows, maybe Kate's HG will raise awareness and lead to other women getting better care in the future? Let's hope so, eh?

Greensleeves Mon 03-Dec-12 21:24:23

I don't get all this "heir to the throne" nonsense. Who gives a flying fuck.

But I do have sympathy for any woman having a difficult pregnancy. Even if she is an inbred parasitical dimwit with tons of loot.

Viviennemary Mon 03-Dec-12 21:24:51

I am not a royalist. And there will be a minute by minute account and articles galore and speculation galore. I don't dislike Kate and wish her a speedy recovery from this condition.

mrskeithrichards Mon 03-Dec-12 21:25:05

I thought it was one in 50?

EdithWeston Mon 03-Dec-12 21:25:14

It must be hellish enough to have HG, without having to announce it, and your pregnancy, to the whole world because the press will come up with sheds loads of potentially far more distressing speculation if you don't.

She may be just as ill as your friend, and yes she is more fortunate to secure excellent medical attention from the off. But I hope this will lead to others unfortunate enough to suffer HG receiving better care and less scepticism from HCPs.

babbas Mon 03-Dec-12 21:25:27

Why is it spiteful to not have sympathy for a rich pampered princess? I am not sympathetic to her, but I don't spite her.

BOFingSanta Mon 03-Dec-12 21:26:29

She's not inbred either, tbf, Greeny. Peasant stock in comparison to most of them.

AllSnowballsAndNoKnickers Mon 03-Dec-12 21:27:25

Even if she is an inbred parasitical dimwit with tons of loot

Nice. You sound like a proper charmer.

roooibos Mon 03-Dec-12 21:27:52

Off with your head, op.

Pontouf Mon 03-Dec-12 21:27:57

I feel for any woman who suffers with HG. I had it with my 1st pregnancy and have never felt so I'll in my life. There were times when I was truly very depressed. Especially as it can go on for so bloody long.

If you don't wnt to read daily updates of her condition/ongoing pregnancy.... er..... don't read them? I honestly get by really well by not reading the Daily Mail, any of the tabloids or "celebrity" magazines and find that most of the minutiae of the royals/beckhams/karsashians etc's lives completely pass me by!

mcmooncup Mon 03-Dec-12 21:28:42

Shows what I know, I heard on the news that she had been hospitalised for bad morning sickness and I had never ever heard that this was possible, I thought it was a crap joke/weird excuse to cover up some truth.

Although I threw up in my car while driving on a motorway and passing a sewerage farm when I was pregnant and I needed hospitalising after that trauma.

seeker Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:09

She's now a "precious vessel"grin

And no, I'm not hqppy about a new heir to the throne. I am happy about a new baby, though, whoever has it, because I am completely dotty about babies!

ImperialSantaKnickers Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:09

How many of us chose to tell the world at 8 weeks? I'm damn certain this news would have stayed under wraps until well into next year if the poor woman wasn't being so sick the Firm decided it was better to announce than to allow feverish speculation. Hope she and everyone else having a shit time in pregnancy feels better soon.

McChristmasPants2012 Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:19

she has all the support in the world and will have no cooking, cleaning, vocational work or responsibilities.

It nice you know her so well that you know all of this.

Pancakeflipper Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:32

Oh Babbas. Just drop it.
At least the pretty princess might make sure that this condition is better understood and this may mean much more help for those needing it. Look for the positives and don't look at the Daily Mail website for the next year

roooibos Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:52

I'm not avoiding the news for the next few months because of it! How bizarre.

AllSnowballsAndNoKnickers Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:59

babbas you're just talking shit now. One doesn't 'spite' another person. God there's some nastiness on this thread - as on any thread that dares make mention of anything to do with the Royals. Do you people really have to sound so fucking mealy mouthed and mean? Could you just not comment? Or say - 'Oh it's not for me' or whatever? But no - you have to spew your bile against people you don't know and never will. Fucking disgraceful behaviour.

theboutiquemummy Mon 03-Dec-12 21:30:31

I dont want the constant update either so i'll not be listening, watching or reading but having had severe morning sickness and little or no help from medical professionals, If she has it then I really do feel for her

HEir to the throne,
eek,
kate is going to be exceptionally well looked after for the pregnancy. I am sure

I'm with you OP.

Pointless posh bint having baby with pointless posh twit to further the family line of a bunch of pointless inbreds.

YANBU.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 03-Dec-12 21:32:42

"iIn all my years I have only ever met one person with real HG that was hospitalised.

But they all collect on MN, amazingly well enough to get their heads off the pillow and out of the toilet bowl and keep typing updates about how ill they are. When I had MN (just plain old MN) it was a stuggle to keep afloat let alone broadcast continuously with the woe-is-me updates.

Less than 1/2 percent of pregnancies have HG - but they all post here."

You sound so disbelieving? Surely it is not surprising that there are a fair few HE sufferers on a site as big as this? Bully for you for carrying on with bad morning sickness, I had bad sickness too but I was still able to work. Which meant I didn't have HE.

I really really really do not want to have daily updates on her condition or her pregnancy for the next nine months - will the palace send a butler to hunt you down and force you to listen to the progress of her pregnancy? confused

YABU not to have sympathy, she is still a young woman who is suffering from something bloody awful while pregnant with her first child. She will be worried and scared and concerned about her baby. Money won't change that.

Pantofino Mon 03-Dec-12 21:33:33

So you wish a fellow human being, a fellow woman, illness and a shit pregnancy because she happens to have more more money than you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now