To think that larger families should be classed as 4 dcs or more?

(78 Posts)
notnagging Mon 03-Dec-12 09:03:59

The larger families thread is meant to be for families with alot of children. I have bookmarked it as a favourite topic but it seems mostly about going from 1-2 or 2-3. It's all people asking advice. 3 children is not a large family, I have 5 which I don't particularly see as large, 15 is large. The amount of times I've heard '5?! I can't cope with 2'. That doesn't need to be repeated over and over on a larger families forum.

RobotLover68 Mon 03-Dec-12 12:36:02

oh I could have had hmm fail!

JaquelineHyOnChristmasSpirit Mon 03-Dec-12 13:24:23

YANBU OP

I'm currently pg with my 4th and still won't consider that a large family. Whe we have number 5 I think I will.

I do wander on to the larger families section though as I was one of 7 growing up (now one of 8 as my Mum has a 4yr old now) and so like to offer a perspective from the child's perspective. Especially when parents of lots of children are getting a hard time for not possibly being able to love or give enough attention to all their children hmm

PropertyNightmare Mon 03-Dec-12 14:06:22

I have four and agree with the poster above who said that for most people, what constitutes a 'large' family is most likely one more dc than you've got. Four dc holds no mystery for me but five, well that seems like lots of children to me!
Over the past five years or so, I have known lots of people with 3 children, several families with four children but only 4 families with five children. (one of those families had 7dcs). So in my experience, five or more children is really quite unusual and a far larger than average family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now