to leave my baby for 2 nights?

(64 Posts)
lilypaige Sat 01-Dec-12 02:49:12

Hi all
I have a 7 month old dd who is my world. Ive been asked on a hen weekend which would mean leaving my dd from friday teatime until sunday morning, with my mum who dd is very close to. What do people think about this? Part of me is really wanting to go as im a single mum, im with my daughter 24/7 so would be nice to have a break. The other part of me is thinking iv never been away from daughter that long and how would I cope?! Thanks for any replies x

I have a 7 month old and I would definitely do this!

I would also find it very difficult because I am always around him! Irrational guilt and all that... This just shows how important it is that you really should go.

It'll be great for everyone. If you're bf- ing there may be a few expressing issues - take a pump so you don't leak all over that gorgeous dress - but other than that GO!!!!

MakeItALarge Sat 01-Dec-12 10:48:06

I left ds for a weekend abroad when he was 7months, the guilt I felt getting on the plane was awful but I had an amazing time, and my ds had a lovely time with his dad and grandparents. I expressed while I was away and carried on bf when I got back with no problems

Youre a mum not a martyr, go and have fun!

LaQueen Sat 01-Dec-12 10:53:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilypaige Sat 01-Dec-12 12:09:35

Thankyou all for the positive replies! Its the guilt thats stopping me but as many as you mentioned she will love being spoilt rotten by grandma! Im going to go and enjoy myself :-) dd will probably have a better time than me haha

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Sat 01-Dec-12 13:16:01

Good. Have a lovely time.

efffy Sat 01-Dec-12 13:43:42

Go and have a wonderful time.
I am just about to leave 5mo dd for a night. Don't feel any guilt whatsoever, she'll be with her doting gps. Go and enjoy. grin

MarjorieAntrobusSantabus Sat 01-Dec-12 15:46:43

Right, Lily, be objective about this. Efffy above has just said "don't feel any guilt whatsoever". She is right. Seriously do not feel guilty. Your DD will be in safe hands. You will have a break.

Go go go!!

BegoniaBampot Sat 01-Dec-12 16:03:20

I would have struggled as my first was crap through the night, very lively and still BF and I would have worried that overnights, especially 2 nights would have been too much for GP's to cope with. Depends if you think your mum an cope fine and maybe your baby is a settled sleeper.

littlewhitebag Sat 01-Dec-12 17:47:57

Oh my word - everyone needs a social life!! Getting a break will do you and your DD the world of good and she will have fun bonding with her grandmother. Go go go!

mummysbigsmiles Mon 03-Dec-12 12:58:54

It is good for her, it will end up when you really need her looked after she will be screaming because she isn't used to it.

AmberSocks Mon 03-Dec-12 13:02:17

as long as you know she will be looked after ok and wont miond being away from you that long then go,i dont think i would do a while weekend at that age but everyones different,do what you feel comfortable with.

Pandemoniaa Mon 03-Dec-12 14:15:00

Go - and have a lovely time! I'm sure you will miss her but also, it's really important to have some time to be yourself - nobody ever got a medal for Martyrdom In the Name of Motherhood - and it'll also be nice for your dm to have some time with her dgd. Win all round, I reckon!

mummysbigsmiles Sat 08-Dec-12 01:35:32

I think lovebunny's reply is wrong!! Its nit every bloody weekend and clearly no her social life isn't more important because if it was i doubt she would even be worrying about leaving her baby! Get a grip!

Pudgy2011 Sat 08-Dec-12 03:18:18

I live in the Caribbean and headed up to Miami for a 4 day weekend when DS was 5 months - left him with DH and they had a lovely time bonding.

The weekend was absolutely brilliant - I was still nursing so expressed when I needed to but being able to sleep, shop, party, dance on tables in clubs and generally have a ripper of a time was wonderful. Reminded me that I might be a mum, but I haven't lost my ability to have a good time and let my hair down.

Go, enjoy and feel better for the time you have for yourself. It's very much worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now