to want to shout at people in the q in front of me......

(122 Posts)
purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 19:17:33

for not sorting out their purse/money/card when theyve been stood in the q for ages? why faff & act suprised that you have to pay for your damn shopping? oh & have you got your co-op card? oh yes, hang on a minute..... forgot where you are lovey?! i have better things to do than watch you faff..........

ilovesooty Thu 29-Nov-12 19:55:00

It sounds as though the OP is one step away from meltdown. If a few seconds lost from your day makes you so angry that can't possibly be healthy.

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 19:55:15

but at the bottom of your bag? spending a few mins searching for purse - then money & then loyality card - someone left it on the car today but rather than get the points another day insisted on getting it from his car hence me leaving my lunch & running back to work with a rumblytum :-(

Some of us at this time of year can't actually open their purse without accidentally flinging the contents around due to frozen fingers. So sadly I have to have a surface to lean it on to keep things under control.

You sound very busy and stressed. What can you do to help make things easier for yourself?

ilovesooty Thu 29-Nov-12 19:56:51

Getting your stuff from the car and holding people up is another matter, but you didn't mention that in your OP. Drip feeding.

DudeIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 29-Nov-12 19:57:00

" it may be a lovely day out for you but the rest of us have other things to do - i always have my purse in my pocket & loyality card to hand "

bully for you. others dont and you cant make them thank fuck build a bridge and get over it. if this is really all you have to worry about you're doing alright.

DudeIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 29-Nov-12 19:58:48

tell me OP is there any area in your life where you think something you do might hold others up/be inconvenient for others for whatever reason? i'd be amazed if there isn't.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 29-Nov-12 20:00:15

OP you need to chill. You sound stressed out.
It really wouldn't take someone 120 seconds to find a purse. It probably just feels like that because you're stressing out.

Have a bath like I'm doing now wink

IFartInYourGeneralDirection Thu 29-Nov-12 20:01:18

I don't ttake ot my cards before im ready to pay and i do banking at the machine weather theres a queue or not - its my turn i can do as i like I'm not rushing because some muppet can't wait their turngrin

I also work long hours, run a house and have kids care for two relitives very second counts but not enough to be sweating the small stuff

<dithers infront of op>

SantasLittleControlGeek Thu 29-Nov-12 20:01:26

purple be really grateful you can get into a queue at a real checkout. My local morrisons closes all the tills at about 6.30pm leaving only the self-service checkouts open, no matter how much shopping you are doing. All you can do then is stand, wait, huff, puff and shout loudly for assistance when the machine invariably decides that your bread doesn't weigh as it was expecting, and you need your age checking at 35+ years because you put a bottle of shandy in with your shopping. Then there's no space to put all your shopping so you put it in the trolley, at which point it complains about the weight again, it can't read your money off vouchers, your money gets stuck in the machine and the whole conjoined series of bags heads out of the door with you like some reception class paper chain.

I'd give anything for to be in a proper 'q' again!

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:01:31

all i wanted was some food but once again because of people who have nothing better to do or are lonely, hold others up by chatting to checkout (they really dont answer back as can see the hold up) or dont have anything to hand - not talking seconds here but say 5/8 mins per person & have 3/4 in front of you made me a very hungry person this arvo as no damn lunch :-(

Sparklingbrook Thu 29-Nov-12 20:02:35

You can't get your purse out first at the self service till. I have tried. Not enough hands.

AnnaLiza Thu 29-Nov-12 20:04:15

What about people who take ages at customer services queues and they go on and on and on about why they're pissed off and completely disregard every one else in the line after them?
So selfish!

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 29-Nov-12 20:04:19

Ah now you're being mean. Some people have nobody but the chechout person to pass a few minutes with.

It might be any of us one day.

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:05:33

btw i live in a small village so is a daily occurence - no-one seems to work or if they do limited hours. im used to the fast life in the city - god its gonna take a whileto get used to the snails pace.

Growlithe Thu 29-Nov-12 20:06:11

OP you should allow yourself enough time to buy your lunch. It's your own fault.

YABU
My mum gets very flustered (she's not old, or disabled) just suffers from anxiety and gets shaky hands when trying to hurry.
She waits until she has packed her bags to find her purse, as she will need both hands to open it anyay.

People tutting and bustling behind her make her much slower and jittery so people should not or I will sit on them

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:06:49

ifyg- you sound like a pleasure dithering just to piss people off.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 29-Nov-12 20:07:01

Better get back to the city then love.

Sparklingbrook Thu 29-Nov-12 20:07:24

You may have to move back to the fast life in the city where nobody speaks to each other then? And take a packed lunch.

purpleraindance Thu 29-Nov-12 20:08:44

growlithe - i have 3/4 hour for lunch - power walk to shop = 25 mins - choosing lunch 5 mins & then stuck in the q - deep joy

ilovesooty Thu 29-Nov-12 20:09:10

Try making your lunch and taking it to work with you then. If you were huffing and puffing behind me I'd be well pissed off.

Oh, and I have a full time job and I'm self employed, in case you thought I had endless time.

Sparklingbrook Thu 29-Nov-12 20:09:16

Packed lunch is the answer. Saves ££££s too.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:09:46

Bill Bryson writes very amusingly about this - people who act surprised that they have to pay and then instigate a lengthy search of three pockets and two different bags before locating their card/purse/money.

I don't think you are being particularly unreasonable actually. Other people in queues are exasperating.

ilovesooty Thu 29-Nov-12 20:10:08

3/4 hour for lunch? Luxury.

Pendeen Thu 29-Nov-12 20:10:08

At the petrol station today, I was filling my car and a local 'VIP' (imagine big, ld, very fat and tweedy landowner businessman type) drove in behind me, stopped, jumped out and stood watching me.

My car is a swine to put petrol in, the pump is forever stopping so you have to continually let go of the trigger and start again.

He started tapping his pocket, looking at his watch; glaring at me and sighing and sighing.

Of course, when I went in to pay there was a queue and then when it was my turn the cashier had to change the till roll!

blush

When I finally came out he was red-faced and shouted "Come on my dear, some of us have better things to do than waste time waiting you know"

Made me see angry

I asked him "Oh, sorry are you in a hurry then?"

And when he of course said yes, I - to my shame - said "Tough!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now