Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not want to try my breast milk???

(63 Posts)
ItsNovemberFFS Sun 25-Nov-12 21:31:22

FFS.

A couple of my friends are surprised that I haven't tried it. Why the hell would I want to?

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sun 25-Nov-12 21:32:15

Don't then.

It's tasty though wink

You drink cow's milk. What's the big issue?

Arithmeticulous Sun 25-Nov-12 21:36:39

I tried once, on a business trip when I was pissed very thirsty but yet tied to the bed double expressing. There was a full bottle next to me... nah - too sticky and sweet.

WitchOfEndor Sun 25-Nov-12 21:37:43

It is just milk, it's not like cannibalism!

NumericalMum Sun 25-Nov-12 21:37:47

I never tried mine... Dh did though. I don't like milk from cows either unless disguised with coffee, tea or sugar!

It tastes sweet, only cos a little bit splashed on my arm and I had to see what all the fuss was about

Didn't with my next child though. Been there, done that wink

Most of my friends have found it gross that I have tried

stargirl1701 Sun 25-Nov-12 21:38:51

Just like sweet cows milk IMO.

Curiosity got the better of me so I did. Couldn't have glugged down a glass of it (quite apart from the fact I was rubbish at expressing) because my poor old head couldn't quite get straight with the idea. Bit like being able to suck a pricked finger with a drop of blood but unable to quaff a glass of that either.

Mind you, the taste was fine. Sweet.

PlateSpinningAtAllTimes Sun 25-Nov-12 21:39:27

YANBU. DH tried mine and didn't enjoy it. I've never had any desire to try it. I wouldn't try formula either! In fact, I'm not keen on cow's milk...

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Sun 25-Nov-12 21:39:58

I tried mines, no wonder babies love it. It tastes like liquid sugar! confused

PlateSpinningAtAllTimes Sun 25-Nov-12 21:40:23

x post with numerical

missymoomoomee Sun 25-Nov-12 21:40:36

I tried it because my baby was drinking it and I was curious. How does that even come up in conversation though? confused

olddogs Sun 25-Nov-12 21:40:43

its like marmite... you either want to and cant see anything wrong with or .... or dont and think its awful

CMOTDibbler Sun 25-Nov-12 21:41:14

I always thought it tasted like evaporated milk - I had no objection to drinking it, but its too sweet in coffee

emsyj Sun 25-Nov-12 21:41:22

YANBU. The idea of warm milk (rather than icy fridge-cold milk) makes me feel a bit queasy. Although if I could be arsed to express, refrigerate and then try it, I might be more willing to try my own milk I suppose.

5madthings Sun 25-Nov-12 21:41:41

i couldnt bring myself to drink it but i did use it in cooking, mashed potato etc, it was fine like that smile

ShhBoom Sun 25-Nov-12 21:42:21

YANBU, I've tried formula but that's as far as I'd go!

MikeOxard Sun 25-Nov-12 21:42:24

Yanbu, to save you the trouble, it tastes like cows milk, but a bit sweeter. Formula tastes like those fish oil tablets, not milky at all, I can't remember which brand that was though.

I didn't produce a lot but didn't try mine. I'm not a fan of milk on its own so didn't fancy it. A part of me wishes I'd tried it but I couldn't bring myself to do it at the time.

Lueji Sun 25-Nov-12 21:43:29

I hate cow's milk, but breast milk was fine.
Different taste.

I once drank an expressed cup when travelling for work. Just thought what a waste it was to discard it.

ItsNovemberFFS Sun 25-Nov-12 21:44:16

Ok, I get the fact that our babies drink it and it's food, but at the end of the day it's a fluid that comes out of your body. Have you tried all your bodily fluids?! Yes yes, it's milk, it's food, but it just seems...weird.

timeforachangebaby Sun 25-Nov-12 21:44:34

Its sweet and a lot nicer than formula.

StuntNun Sun 25-Nov-12 21:44:44

I've never had the urge either although my mum assures me I couldn't get enough of the stuff when I was a baby. Neither of my older children have expressed an interest either (geddit?), even when they see their baby brother bfing.

Meglet England Sun 25-Nov-12 21:44:58

Mine was like sugar water. Sticky too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now