Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that if you ask for advice, you shouldn't get all pissed off if someone says something you don't like...

(132 Posts)

And then the fucking mods banned me and deleted all my perfectly reasonable comments. So now this poster thinks even more that she is in the right.

It was on the EmmasDiary facebook page yes, I know... I stated that her stance was offensive to me (she thinks her exH isnt safe to look after her kids as he is depressed) and I was jumped on and called an idiot (spelt wrong, ha). She "lolled" at my depression, so I childish, I know! said I thought it was hysterical that she had PND, and somewhat ironic given that she wont let H see his own kids.

Sigh. Why do I do it...

Feel free to all tell me IAB a cunt.

Silibilimili Sat 24-Nov-12 08:49:06

Emma's diary is nuts. Ignore it. It's full of people who don't want I hear truth. Why bother?

cheekybaubles Sat 24-Nov-12 08:44:13

Hmm no message though

cheekybaubles Sat 24-Nov-12 08:42:05

Ah beyond thank god for that. I can just see wales from the hill I live on <waves>

There was one with an even younger baby! Luckily people came on and said no don't do it. Who the bloody hell moderates these things.

Actually we have one that is run by a few parents I know, who don't have a bloody clue so I shouldn't be surprised. It's all yes he obviously needs solids at 12 weeks it won't hurt him hmm

MrsReiver Fri 23-Nov-12 23:45:50

Ooh I don't think I've ever been someone's hero before. My posts weren't at all constructive, I was too cross to be helpful.

I need to get myself banned from there, I just saw a post about using controlled crying to settle a 19 WEEK old.

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 22:19:36

I saw that grin

The poor child

Ah I remember now, I posted that if she is realy worried she should talk to a professional ( because they will be really bothered!) not ask a group of people who are just going to tell her 'you know best hun'

I'm following rethink and Time to Change on facebook, who are both really good for campaigns on raising awareness of mental health.

Mummy tiger. Protecting her cubs. Rarr.

<knows which posts were welsh now too>

WelshMaenad Fri 23-Nov-12 21:19:47

Ah, the "you're just being a protective mummy" brigade. Who at no point came back to explain why I could be alone with my children, but a father with depression was inherently dangerous...

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 20:57:11

Haha Im still Dana... I think (looks shifty)

I honestly can't believe there's STILL so much stigma attached to mental health issues, but also blatant sexism surrounding it too.

Thankyou for making this thread, and opening mine (and anothers) eyes. It needs to be addressed.

I am the only one here not outed, what with being banned and all grin
Though I am "me" on MN anyway, my profile isnt all cloak and dagger smile

Its me cheeky, I am N.H! I did sent a message too! grin

Ghost, I know which one you were. Were? Are you not Dana any more? grin

On a serious note, does anyone think MN needs a campaign to address the stigma still attached to MH issues?

cheekybaubles Fri 23-Nov-12 20:51:35

You are my hero mrs she just kept telling me if I couldn't say anything constructive....I thought I was being constructive. <looks innocent>

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 20:41:46

Welsh her and her elk just kept accusing us of being judgemental, and not giving good advice hmm

MrsReiver Fri 23-Nov-12 20:40:10

FWIW I posted the should of/should have picture.

WelshMaenad Fri 23-Nov-12 20:39:36

I went out and didn't catch the denouement. Did she even come close to accepting that she was BU or did she just keep banging on about her dad trying to abduct her?

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 20:35:04

cheekybaubles - I was also the one who pointed out depression is similar to PND, after someone said PND is different.

I also said the father had rights too, after they banged on about mothers rights for like 100 posts. I don't know how you missed me grin she was frothing!

Hecate - my thinking exactly. I'm not even a mother yet but I feel I can judge

cheekybaubles Fri 23-Nov-12 20:32:16

Mmm, can't remember your name.

MrsReiver Fri 23-Nov-12 20:28:11

The page clearly needs a MN intervention.

HecatePropylaea Fri 23-Nov-12 20:23:25

Someone asked that?

I'm confused. how does a child know whether or not they like salt if they've never had it added to their food. They wouldn't know what it tasted like or be able to have a preference [baffled]

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 20:10:03

'when can i put salt on my childs food because he likes it'

ffs.

Tweasels Fri 23-Nov-12 20:05:32

Oh my goodness. That shit makes netmums look heavenly. Someone actually said "can sumone tell me wot pre-eclampsia is cos I think I got it."

keep up the sabotage

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 19:56:25

I was the one who said she'd contradicted herself, one minute she said it was because she was depressed then she said he was playing on depressison and its because of cheating. I said I suspect it's not the depression thats the issue, but the cheating.

And that dads have got rights too.

And a few more ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now