To think that if you ask for advice, you shouldn't get all pissed off if someone says something you don't like...

(132 Posts)

And then the fucking mods banned me and deleted all my perfectly reasonable comments. So now this poster thinks even more that she is in the right.

It was on the EmmasDiary facebook page yes, I know... I stated that her stance was offensive to me (she thinks her exH isnt safe to look after her kids as he is depressed) and I was jumped on and called an idiot (spelt wrong, ha). She "lolled" at my depression, so I childish, I know! said I thought it was hysterical that she had PND, and somewhat ironic given that she wont let H see his own kids.

Sigh. Why do I do it...

Feel free to all tell me IAB a cunt.

Grr "supervising"! How fucking patronising!!

<must sleep now>

What did they ban you for?

RichardSimmonsTankTop Fri 23-Nov-12 01:38:10

I can't be bothered to read it but if you tell me what to post I'll post it for you.

<spoiling for a fight on t'internet>

Telling her that "depression = dangerous" was offensive to me
And answering back when she called me a "jumped up idiot". Mainly pointing out how funny it was that she spelt idiot wrong

'Emma' appeared to say, only helpful posts please, then deleted all of mine, and banned me!

Richard, you can just improvise based on whats on this thread? grin

RichardSimmonsTankTop Fri 23-Nov-12 01:46:12

OK, I'll try. I'm feeling lazy and have had half a bottle of wine

RichardSimmonsTankTop Fri 23-Nov-12 01:51:46

OK done.

It's gone a little quiet over there

Like it, Richard grin very accurate, and of course, very unpopular!

NoTeaForMe Fri 23-Nov-12 07:39:50

Ok, so I haven't read it all but... (and please don't flame me!) if her husband has tried to kill himself three times in the last few months then would it be wise to leave him with 2 small children? I must admit it would make me nervous.

GhostShip Fri 23-Nov-12 07:51:52

They didn't ban me. She got a bit annoyed with me and started putting my name in capitals...

I didnt say anything any worse than anyone else! And anything bad I did say was in retaliation to being slagged off for finding her view offensive. And her lolling at me! "Oh you think its offensive do you? Hahaha." hmm

NoTea she has no reason at all to think he will hurt the children. She is mad at him for cheating on her, and has said as much, and has even said she thinks he is lying about the suicide attempts and just attention seeking to try to win her back!

Maryz Fri 23-Nov-12 08:20:55

I need a link.

I love the idea that "helpful advice" means "agree with the op".

HoobleDooble Fri 23-Nov-12 08:23:48

Please tell me it was someone off here who just made me snort with the "I can and I have" response to someone saying you can't judge! Emma's Diary, whilst not as bad as it was a couple of years back, is an outlet for fuckwits wanting other fuckwits to verify their poor choices, under the disguise of 'seeking advice';
"I'm 5 months pregnant and have been with my bf for 2 weeks, he wants me to put his name on the birth certificate, I think I will or he'll leave me".
"My 2 week old isn't sleeping through so I've been giving him rice in his bottle together him to sleep. It isn't working, would it be ok to put melted chocolate buttons in there instead?"
Of course, the only response acceptable to these people is "Your baby, your choice ... Hun"

HoobleDooble Fri 23-Nov-12 08:25:37

*together = to get. Bloody iPad wants bigger words than I can give at this time!

Here you go MaryZ
linky
You cant read my comments, they are long gone, but I am the "jumped up idiod" she and others reply to...

grin at the chocolate buttons!

Oh God, I've never heard of this page before, but now I'm going to have to have a look! takes a deep breath

I can't link to it, don't know if it's my phone

The last few posts look like sensible MNers posts... smile
And as such, they will all disagree. Your only doing whats best for bubs.

My fave this morning - social services will not allow him unsupervised access

Maryz Fri 23-Nov-12 08:55:48

Bloody hell. I only have two thoughts.

1) Can people really not spell? Or write coherently? It's like reading a 5 year old's thought stream.

2) No wonder so many children lose contact with their fathers after breakups. The number of people on there who seem to think that it is fair enough for mothers to refuse to allow their children to see their fathers is mind-boggling.

Could someone possibly write on there that "not only are the mods letting it stand, but they also appear to have deleted the comments of someone who was offended by her view of depression, leaving a very one sided discussion, when the person who was offended probably had a point" or something to that effect?

Thank you hunnies! <mwah> <hugs>

If kate is one of you, I love you! <more kisses>

NoTeaForMe Fri 23-Nov-12 09:21:53

I'm just going to point out that I hadn't read the thread properly, well barely at all! Also I thought the issue-or one of them was that he might hurt himself while alone with the children not that he would hurt them?

MummytoKatie Fri 23-Nov-12 09:30:04

The problem is that Emma is an idiot! Her period was two weeks late, she's been trying for a baby for five months and is feeling all weird and it finally dawns on her she might be knocked up!?! Two weeks late?!? Come on!

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 09:36:36

I hate Emma's diary. I don't know why the hell I signed up because I couldn't even be arsed to go to the local chemist and get their freebies when I was pregnant. Because of Emma's fucking Diary I get monthly phone calls from N-Power asking me to change over to them even though when I signed up I absolutely remember ticking the box telling them NOT to contact me. Horrible site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now