to be annoyed by grown adults who say they can't cook?

(205 Posts)
Mintyy Sun 18-Nov-12 14:47:25

I don't think I am.

It just makes me think that the person saying as much is a little bit useless.

I can follow a recipe. But I don't consider that "being able to cook", that's just following instructions, it's hardly difficult!

Being able to cook, to me, means being like my mum - being able to just look at a cupboard of ingredients and go "I can make this, this and that". And then do it without recipes or any sort of outside help.
The only thing I can make like that is pancakes grin And even then it's hit and miss! So I don't think I can cook, really.

Bonsoir Tue 20-Nov-12 08:15:47

YADNBU. Cooking (or rather catering - meal planning, shopping, cooking, serving) is, frankly, a basic life skill that all adults ought to grasp.

justmyview Tue 20-Nov-12 13:01:25

For Yorkshire puddings - you need to heat up fat in the muffin tray for 5 minutes until it's really hot, fill up the tray fast (so it doesn't cool down) and don't open the oven once they're cooking. If you do, they'll sink.

You can freeze them and then reheat from frozen another time. Good to make them in advance in case they don't work!

squoosh Tue 20-Nov-12 13:03:25

Yorkshire pudding = Food of the Gods.

GrendelsMum Tue 20-Nov-12 14:30:47

Yorkshire pudding with syrup and cream = truly excellent pudding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now