Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Not to give my 3.5 yr old a snack?

(77 Posts)
NoNoNoMYDoIt Tue 13-Nov-12 10:24:48

She is crying and whingeing that she is hungry. She is a nightmare at breakfast time and eats very little. I am sick of it because then I end up giving her a snack at 10 and then she doesn't want lunch at 1140 (has to be then as nursery at 1245). Then she cries she is hungry after school so another snack and then she won't eat tea.

So AIBU not to give her a snack now even tho she ate no bfast and is going to cry for the next hour and 20 mins that she is hungry?

Distracting her isn't working. So if I ABU can someone tell me wtf to do with her for the next while? I have tried arts / reading / telly. Nothing is working!

disparatefishwife Wed 14-Nov-12 07:45:50

She needs to keep her blood sugar levels, we all need to eat little and often. It's not her fault that nursery clashes with lunchtime,, can you be more flexible on nursery days?

NoNoNoMYDoIt Wed 14-Nov-12 08:11:22

The timetable is a good idea. I suspect she wouldn't respect it tho but it is worth a try

However this morning I dragged her out of bed (disturbed night. I think she is having a bit of a tough time developmentally at the moment which may explain the whingeing) and the first thing she said was 'I am going to have 20 breakfasts this morning'. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now