Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to hate the cliche "busy mum"?

(153 Posts)
MaureenCognito Sun 28-Oct-12 14:58:00

where are all the women who describe themselves as "bone idle sods who happen to have some kids in a cupboard somewhere"?

Jusfloatingby Tue 30-Oct-12 13:08:48

I remember years ago I was working full time and going to college at night to do my degree and a SAHM friend with two children suggested I do some task or other rather than her because "you have more free time than I have". I was a bit shock.

LaQueen Tue 30-Oct-12 14:27:09

Jus grin

That reminds me of someone I know who kindly suggested I take up twice weekly yoga and spinning classes with her (she's a SAHM with teenage children).

Apparently, 'it would get me out the house and kick start my day' hmm

m185874 Sat 09-Feb-13 15:26:36

Well, "#BusyMumFact" is a common put-down on Twitter when someone posts an opinion (usually a biased right-wing and spectacularly ignorant opinion) on there. Implying that the archetypal "busy mum" has no spare time to actually find out anything about the topic she's writing about and she's just "shooting from the lip". It parodies the over-developed sense of martyrdom that some mums have, so it's accurate in that respect, I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now