to be looking forward to the John Lewis Christmas tv advert

(67 Posts)
balotelli Sat 06-Oct-12 07:38:34

After last years brilliant campaign and wonderful song by Slow Moving Millie I am really looking forward to this years effort even though it's only October.

I have heard on the grapevine that the song being used this year is Frankie Goes to Hollywoods 'The Power of Love' but re done by the utterly brilliant Imogen Heap.

Should be well worth waiting for.

BonnyDay Sat 06-Oct-12 15:42:28

christmas is fine. its the mass hysteria on here thats shit.
male or female

BonnyDay Sat 06-Oct-12 15:42:55

Lol Numberlock - or a fecking Radley bag and some stretch boots

Frontpaw Sat 06-Oct-12 16:15:05

Which INXS song? Have I missed something (as usual). I like Paloma Faith, she's a poppet!

'Never tear us apart' is the INXS song in the latest ad Frontpaw.

Numberlock Sat 06-Oct-12 17:40:37

Now if Morrissey had agreed to let JL use Shoplifters of the World Unite, I'd have a shed load of respect for him...

BonnyDay Sat 06-Oct-12 17:41:41

I dont watch adverts,they are for common people.

YouMayLogOut Sat 06-Oct-12 17:44:23

How do you know if you don't watch them Bonny? grin

BonnyDay Sat 06-Oct-12 17:49:16

i know of their existence, like you might know of DFS sofas

katykuns Sat 06-Oct-12 17:50:42

I loved the JL advert... I am not particularly gooey or sentimental, but it had me bawling, and if I talk about it to other people, I get feckin' teary!

Damn you JL!

Numberlock Sat 06-Oct-12 17:52:15

But don't you want to live like common people, Bonny?

MaryZed Sat 06-Oct-12 17:56:02

It's only fucking October shock

<reports post>

<runs and hides>

balotelli Sat 06-Oct-12 18:00:29

Imogen Heap is a genius not a 'Whiney Female' Its also a classic christmas song if thats the one thats being done.

Numberlock Sat 06-Oct-12 18:01:50

I expected more from a City fan balotelli wink

ScatterChasse Sat 06-Oct-12 18:04:10

Is the CocaCola advertisement the one with the girl ice-skating and you see her grow up and have her own family? I think it's lovely.

I like the current JL one, so I hope the Christmas one is as good (although I think 6th October is a little bit too early to mention it. We have Hallowe'en, All Saints' Day, Bonfire Night, St. Andrew's Day, my birthday etc. etc. to get through first!).

DilysPrice Sat 06-Oct-12 18:25:39

I didn't realise Baby Pasta was a Thing. My DCs (entering puberty) still have it regularly because it cooks quicker and I'm running late, special little alphabet letters from the local Portuguese deli, which we used to use for literacy games.Do I win MNiest MNer of the day? Or will bonny take out a hit on me?

balotelli Sat 06-Oct-12 21:31:26

As a City fan I have wonderful taste . Imogen Hope is a genius as are Puressence and the JL ads are better than most of the shit programmes.... apart from MOTD where we win the title....... AGAIN grin

Scheherezade Sat 06-Oct-12 22:26:08

<partner to an avid utd fan born and raised in Trafford>

I'd have to disagree grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now