to wish that the pelvic toner advert would vanish....now!

(139 Posts)
Hanikam Fri 05-Oct-12 20:57:48

I like to read mumsnet during quiet moments at work.
That stupid advert for the pelvic toner pops up at awkward moments.
Who says "50% of mothers have weak bladders / pelvic intolerance?"
As compared to who? non-mothers, population as a whole (including men, who might have trouble inserting the damned thing.....rectal toner maybe?)

Don't want people to look at me like I'm someone who regularly wets her knickers.
so, aibu?

gussiegrips Sun 07-Oct-12 20:28:09

Pants. Hing oan. <muttering darkly about the need for a PA after spending blardy ages updating the profile only the other day so people could find the links...>

shoulder bop? Isn't that what newborns do when their heads get all that heavy way all of a sudden?

gussiegrips Sun 07-Oct-12 20:43:15

that better? fingers crossed!

cocolepew Sun 07-Oct-12 20:44:24

Nope! You need to click the make profile public thingymajig.

gussiegrips Sun 07-Oct-12 20:46:17

Full of typos - but I think it's there?

WandaDoff Sun 07-Oct-12 20:56:03

Yes, can see it now smile

gussiegrips Sun 07-Oct-12 20:58:14

Phew.

Just in time for Downton.

Who fancies playing a pelvic floor game? Every time Lady Grantham raises her eyebrows we do a hold for 10. Every time Lady Edith sighs we do 10 quick flicks and every time we see a fahaaabulous frock we do up and downie 3 floors?

Not quite a drinking game, but might be worth a shot...

MmeLindor Sun 07-Oct-12 21:11:10

Gussie
You are a marvel

<German clench>

EyesCrossedLegsAkimbo Sun 07-Oct-12 21:18:45

Why have I never seen this advert?

cocolepew Sun 07-Oct-12 22:09:01

You're a gem gussie. Great website thanks.

gussiegrips Sun 07-Oct-12 22:42:53

Phew. Downton. That Lady Grantham, she's quite worn me out!

mme lindor babelfish says that's a zusammenpressen?

Eyes the pelvic toner ad was a featured ad. They had a sponsored chat thingie and their product has research supporting it. I'm not employed by them and I don't have any affiliation with them, so, I think it's ok to paste a linky pelvic toner doodah

Glad you like the website, coco It's only a wee freebie one whilst I faff about and try to decide how much cash I want to fritter invest in what is, essentially, a blardygoodlarfsofar.

Eyes wait til you see MY advert. Bwa ha ha haa.

TanteRose Mon 08-Oct-12 14:19:41

bumping again - gussies website

Nagoo Mon 08-Oct-12 14:52:42

I have bought me some of those balls. <clench clench>

Wierdly I have had a flashback to my parents having a set as ornametnts in the front room, and we used to play with them like boules. grin

TanteRose Mon 08-Oct-12 15:15:32

grin @ Nagoo

gussiegrips Tue 09-Oct-12 08:11:22

Nagoo they were all the rage when I was a student, purely for "twinkly decorative" purposes. They came in purtee likkle silk lined boxes and gathered dust.

Oh, how I WISH I'd 1. known what they were for and 2. dedicated myself to having a fanjo of steel at 19 years old.

Pah.

Anyhoo, I've had a couple of PM's mentioning doing a webchat. Is that something you think MNetters would be interested in?

Obviously, I think they SHOULD be interested...but, I wonder whether I'd be left sitting there all lonely and ignored like a set of twinkly chinese balls?

10, 10, 3, gals.

DinosaursOnASpaceship Tue 09-Oct-12 08:26:04

I have a thing - when I need a number 2, I get a lump on the back wall of my vagina, which I have to push with my fingers to get the poo to come out. Normal or not so normal?

I have 3 dc and expecting number 4. Can't do trampolines or sexy time with weeing a little bit BUT I was throwing up sick all day yesterday and didn't wet myself once! <pats self on back>

cocolepew Tue 09-Oct-12 08:46:46

Not normal dinosaur , mention to your dr.

Web chat would be a great idea. I have no shame and work with a bunch of woman, the majority of which, have no shame either. I/we are happy to talk about 'womens problems'. But I know there are women who would die of embarassment. It shouldn't be a taboo subject, it's too common to be swept under the carpet.

TanteRose Tue 09-Oct-12 10:31:49

a webchat is an excellent idea - try to break the taboo even a little...

Nagoo Tue 09-Oct-12 12:27:16

oooh yy webchat smile

we are all staring into the middle distance and counting here grin

gussiegrips Tue 09-Oct-12 13:01:58

dino coco's right - that's not normal and you should see your GP. Fanjo hernia towards the back would cause a symptom like that. Could just be pregnancy related, or might not. You can get a handy wee poking device to push the prolapse back into place as you poo, GP can sort you out with one, the name of which I can't quite recall, I'll post it here once I'm back at the office- trying to reach to wipe can be enough of a challenge in the later stages...I'm on stupid phone thing and read that you were patting yourself on your back for not throwing up during sexytime, was impressed you'd gotten up the duff if you founf your bloke vomit inducing!

DinosaursOnASpaceship Tue 09-Oct-12 13:16:49

Lol actually I do find him vomit inducing now. He's my exp, should've wee'd on him more when I had the chance (in a non sexy way)

I've had the lump thing years, it can be quite convenient at times - constipation? No problem, give the lump and nudge and away we go! But it is annoying during sex as I'm worried that certain angles put pressure on the lump and I could umm have an accident.

Will see the doc after I've had this baby.

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Tue 09-Oct-12 13:17:46

what happens when the victorian torture instrument aka twisty turny forceps have rendered you incapable of isolating your pelvic floor?
I am tempted to get one, though so probably register with and make an appointment with a doctor first

Cadmum Tue 09-Oct-12 13:29:06

gussiegrips or anyone knowledgeable really, Why is it not appropriate to use a toner during pregnancy?

I googled but could not find a good reason.

CaptainHetty Tue 09-Oct-12 13:30:41

I like these threads. They remind me to clench my pelvic floor.

<wonders if there's an App to remind you to do pelvic floor exercises>

Cadmum Tue 09-Oct-12 13:37:00

I am oversharing but hey, it is MN right?

I happened to catch a bit of a Dr Ruth Westheimer program on pelvic floor exercises that my mum was watching on TV when I was about 12. I seem to remember that the primary focus was improving sexual relations (as it would be with Dr Ruth) but when she mentioned incontinence in later years I bolted to the loo and taught myself how to squeeze like there is no tomorrow.

I am eternally grateful for that fateful day because so many of my friends have serious issues in that department.

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Tue 09-Oct-12 14:01:21

I used to have a pelvic floor of steel cadmum but the forceps put paid to that. It does seem to be getting worse (have had a cough for 3 weeks and for the first time ever in my life had a couple of mini incidents) horrid.
we need to be more like the french and offer gynae physio therapy as standard post natally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now