*Whispers* To enjoy the smell of my baby's farts?

(92 Posts)
DancesWithSockPuppets Tue 26-Jun-12 20:47:20

I can't be the only one, surely?

VegansTasteBetter Tue 26-Jun-12 22:43:13

ds's farts stink to high heaven. I am mortiied when I'm out an about that people will blame him (4 months old breast milk fed). That said I have had the odd overwhelming urge to lick him occasionaly. Have avoided it though as it seemed "wrong". Quick poll how many of us have actually engage in baby licking?

VegansTasteBetter Tue 26-Jun-12 22:43:29

*blame me

BonnieBumble Tue 26-Jun-12 22:45:18

I do too and he is 2 years old now. I also love the smell of his morning wee soaked nappy. Realise that I'm beginning to sound quite scary...

PollyLove Tue 26-Jun-12 22:45:40

So glad I'm not the only strange one! Adult smells on a baby are just lovely, I draw the line at her nappies though they properly stink envy

FreudianSlipper Tue 26-Jun-12 22:52:44

i love the smell of ds farts, poo and his breath and just his smell. its a little sweet and still smells milky he is 4 now (not sure i will for much longer)

AnyFucker Tue 26-Jun-12 22:55:37

I suppose it's better than enjoying the smell of your own

yanbu grin

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Tue 26-Jun-12 22:55:52

Ooh Bonnie I'm with you on the morning nappy grin

MissBetsyTrotwood Tue 26-Jun-12 22:56:27

Quite like the smell of my own too actually.

I'm off to purge myself or something now. grin

SoleSource Tue 26-Jun-12 22:57:59

That is disgusting! I love the smell of my own farts though smile

Agree about farts and sweet milky breath, until they are about 6 months old. It is all down hill from there.

On the other hand, I simply adore the smell of my horse's breath when she is out at grass for the summer, but this is probably the wrong thread for that comment.

AnyFucker Tue 26-Jun-12 22:58:52

agghh grin

Ds1 didn't smell of owt. But ds2 smelt like he was rotten inside till he was weaned. With were ebf and eliminating things from my diet did nothing.

CharlotteLucas Tue 26-Jun-12 23:07:13

Nothing weird about licking your baby as soon as it's born! It wasn't something I planned, it was pure instinct, mammalian stuff grin.

On the other hand, you fart enthusiasts are odd...

y y to gorgeous smelly babies grin.Mine is 6 months and is still yum, toddler on the other hand is witty(ish) and gorgeous but doesn't smell so good.
Exit, I love the smell of the stables (after mucking out) it's like coming home (not that my home smells like a stables much)

StuntGirl Wed 27-Jun-12 00:54:37

Everything on this thread has made me go confused

You weird buggers!

Maryz Wed 27-Jun-12 01:03:28

I quite like my farts blush

jaggythistle Fri 29-Jun-12 18:37:40

I've got 10 week old DS2 in the sling right now and his wee breath is so sweet <sniffs>

His poo is quite nice, but I fear this is in direct comparison to his big brother's toddler poo shock

shuffleballchange Fri 29-Jun-12 18:53:02

Lovely, baby morning breath is so lovely too, not so great at 7 though! Just the general scent of my two boys fills me with joy, not always fragrant but lovely all the same

CrustyBurd Fri 29-Jun-12 18:57:28

I like the smell of my babies poos when they were just on bm before weaning. When the youngest is unwell he'll refuse food and just have bf's and I like the smell of his poos again.

Wrt farts, once weaned as babies and toddler both my boys farts would smell absolutely identical to mine no matter what.

Strange.

Some0ne Fri 29-Jun-12 20:17:56

I love the smell of DS's wee. And his milky breath. He's 4 months so is due to be pleasantly fragrant for a while yet.

I don't like his farts though.

Bizarrely I don't like DD's smell. She's 2, and her scent makes me irritated and cranky. Bad mammy : (

I'd rather smell a horse than either of my children though blush

Cuddler Sat 30-Jun-12 10:30:54

breastfed babies nappies smell nice,like apricots.I also like the smell of baby sick.

aziraphale Sun 01-Jul-12 21:05:37

Yanbu. I miss my ds poo smell terribly. Lovely little milky nappies.

aziraphale Sun 01-Jul-12 21:06:55

I used to love licking and kissing his lovely chubby cheeks too.

peachcake Fri 13-Jul-12 21:12:39

Love all my kids cheesy feet, especially my youngest daughters and sniffing the inside of her canvas pumps! Yummm!!!

Beachcombergirl Wed 20-Feb-13 22:00:20

Thought I'd bring this thread back. I love it too. My lovely smelly baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now