to try and get Google Street View to retake the photos of our house?

(90 Posts)

After perusing, GSV last night, I was horrified and completely dusgusted to find that the images of our street were taken on BinDay.

shock

So, there's my semi, in all its glory, with 2 gofaster bins wanting strewn across the pavement in front of my bushes. Tawdriness and ugliness preserved for all the world to see and judge upon.

And one of the Chaotics hadn't drawn their curtains naicely. angry

It's not just about what the neighbours think nowadays is it? The whole world can formulate opinions as to your slovenly habits.

sad

AIBU to try to get the pictures reshot now I have petunias and a hoovered drive?

OlaRapaceFru Sat 21-Apr-12 08:17:43

grin at you worried you couldn't find your cat, Syd.

Could you imagine if GSV showed every single domestic pet? grin

echt Sat 21-Apr-12 08:36:43

Our house still has the boat belonging to the previous owner in the drive.

There's an old man with no head just down the road from my mother's house on GSV. He's wearing carpet slippers and standing next to a display of bedding plants for sale.

OlaRapaceFru Sat 21-Apr-12 09:24:50

No head? shock

HappyCamel Sat 21-Apr-12 09:26:33

YANBU we used it extensively when choosing which houses to view when buying our house too. Saved a fortune in time and petrol!

OlaRapaceFru Sat 21-Apr-12 09:33:40

"AIBU to try to get the pictures reshot now I have petunias and a hoovered drive?"

It's just occurred to me, Chaos, do you rake the snow, Japanese Zen stylee, in your front garden too? (I have vague memories of a MNer who has a SIL who does this grin.)

Fru - you know where the 'seams' on GSV photos don't quite match up correctly sometimes? This poor old chap must be standing on the join - he has a sort of tiny pyramid of pink flesh where his head should be shock

OlaRapaceFru Sat 21-Apr-12 09:50:06

Ah, right <snort>
Thanks!

AphraBehn Sat 21-Apr-12 11:04:28

My friend is on street view standing outside her house having a cigarette. Her husband was mortified, especially as he thought she had given up smoking.

Lemele Sun 29-Apr-12 21:16:46

Haven't read the whole thread but - hey, at least your house is ON there! We live in a fairly long (but dead end) street right next to a busy A road but they haven't bothered to come down our street...

They have kindly made sure that the entrance to our road, which used to have nice sunny pics of it, now has horrible grey photos that include a bin lorry, an ugly vehicle carrying two skips and some other unattractive lorry, all within meters of the road junction! sad

Lemele Sun 29-Apr-12 21:18:30

Oh and the Stig used to be on there grin but they wiped him out. sad

RubyGates Sun 29-Apr-12 22:43:45

My ex-downstairs neighbour is forever immortalised doing a somewhat blurry drug handover.

Lueji Mon 30-Apr-12 00:30:29

My house has skips and building rubbish outside!

Choppelina Mon 30-Apr-12 12:20:02

Has anyone actually managed to get Google to retake the pictures/does anyone know the process for getting them to do it or if they will?

suburbandream Mon 30-Apr-12 12:26:08

Our streetview pic is from August 2008, more than two years before we moved in, still has the previous owner's shabby front door, not my lovely shiny new one angry. Plus on google earth you can see their manky old sun loungers in the back garden.

I love a streetview drive as I hate RL driving and it's good for planning my route in advance grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now