AIBU to want DP to stop lurking on mn?

(37 Posts)
BroomForMyChin Sun 01-Jan-12 22:10:54

Whenever I attempt to nag for no reason because I'm bored complain about important matters he says 'leave the bastard' then titters to himself, clearly very impressed with himself.

I think he's on the verge of offering me a rl biscuit.

hmm

fuzzpig Sun 08-Jan-12 20:52:09

Thankfully DH just rolls his eyes at me if I mention MN.

My Dad wants to use MN, he likes watching the Wright Stuff philosophical debate... I hope he never gets around to it because he would be SO embarrassing.

<waves at Monsieur Noseypants Broom>

ZillionChocolate Sun 08-Jan-12 20:41:41

I'm speechless, having just read the penguin threads. Amazing.

aldiwhore Fri 06-Jan-12 12:36:53

I'm guilty of sometimes thinking this is a comfy private club.

So imagine my surprise the other day when I accused DH of being a pedant and being passive aggressive and he retorted "save those buzz words for MN".

Grrr. I need new buzz words.

lilibet Fri 06-Jan-12 12:29:08

My dp was on mn for ages, he even came on a meet up with me.

I did prefer it if he knew what I was talking about when I was in mn world. Then again I preferred it when we worked together as well - I thnk I must be the wife equivlant of a helicopter parent. hmm

GoingForGoalWeight Tue 03-Jan-12 14:24:19

I remember the penguin thread. Twas very funny.

BroomForMyChin Mon 02-Jan-12 21:15:19

No arguing on my thread

<gavel>

Trills Mon 02-Jan-12 21:04:10

Just wondering how the circumstances came about...

namechangerbat Mon 02-Jan-12 20:58:11

Fuck off trills.

Trills Mon 02-Jan-12 20:57:32

Why did the conception thread know you were pregnant before DP did - are you sure you're not the twat?

namechangerbat Mon 02-Jan-12 19:26:10

Last time I got PG with dd2, DP discovered by googling my MN name and reading the conception thread I was on.

Twat.

TadlowDogIncident Mon 02-Jan-12 19:24:55

DH got quite addicted to Mumsnet for a little while when DS was tiny. He's gone cold turkey since, but from time to time suggests that I ask for advice on here about something!

Trills Mon 02-Jan-12 16:00:27

Nice to see the evolution of the penguin story... there were texts, and roleplaying, and penguins, but not quite in that combination.

WhereMyMilk Mon 02-Jan-12 15:41:03

Was that the same one who had a spermy sex towel confused

BogChicken Mon 02-Jan-12 15:32:47

I would wash your hand towels if I were you.

There was a thread not so long ago about a DH who washed his willy and then dried it on the hand towel. Apparently this was a regular thing and had been going on some time.

AFuckingKnackeredWoman Mon 02-Jan-12 12:56:32

Dh loves mumsnet. Everytime im mean to him he yells 'YABU you cunt' and if i ask him to do something he sighs and says ' the sense of entitlement...'

Git

SugarPasteChristmasCake Mon 02-Jan-12 12:54:32

I drain the fat off mince, but I don't rinse it. Moot point anyway as we don't eat red meat at home anymore.

DH doesn't go on MN AFAIK but he knows I do as I frequently canvass his opinion on AIBU and Relationships threads grin

Jux Mon 02-Jan-12 01:32:56

Just a thought though, if we had fanjo badges (something I would love) would your dh wear one?

Jux Mon 02-Jan-12 01:31:22

I'm really glad dh doesn't even look at mm. It means I can make up any old shit and add "I asked on MN" and he immediately capitulates! [fnar]

randommoment Mon 02-Jan-12 01:12:15

ROFL about the concept of my DP coming anywhere MN. He'd freak completely poor lamb. He knows I do it, but seems to regard it as a legitimate excuse to spend far too much time watching rugby on Sky+. Which makes us quits I suppose. Meanwhile children set light to house...

BroomForMyChin Mon 02-Jan-12 01:01:43

I'm so confused!

Chaos what bedroom problem? Did he have a problem and not tell me?

And I don't think he rinses his mince wink if he does he's pretty secretive about it as I've never caught him.

SpaghettiTwirlerPrancerVixen Sun 01-Jan-12 23:51:40

Oh yanbu btw!

SpaghettiTwirlerPrancerVixen Sun 01-Jan-12 23:51:10

Oh god. That mince rinsing thread grin

The OPs DH rinses all the fat off cooked mince. . . .

SugarPasteChristmasCake Sun 01-Jan-12 23:40:59

Mince rinsing sounds like a niche activity I should be exploring with DH on special occasions like wedding anniversaries...

cheekyendto2011monkey Sun 01-Jan-12 23:34:12

Leave the bastard!

GoingForGoalWeight Sun 01-Jan-12 23:32:31

Tomorrow's dinner should consist of a fruit shoot and Greggs sausage rolls. That'd teach him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now