Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Washing Powder and Eczema

(30 Posts)
melon1 Mon 20-Dec-04 09:39:07

Hi

I am in the process of trying to figure out what, if anything in particular, triggers dd's eczema. I have stopped using any fabric conditioner, and have been using Persil Non-Bio, but someone told me the other day that their child's eczema flared up when she used anything by Persil, and that when she switched to Fairy washing powder, it settled down. Can anyone tell me if they've tried this, and what success they've had?

Freddiecat Thu 03-Feb-05 21:28:54

My DP gets eczema spots and we used to use Dreft machine wash powder (it also contains NO bleaching agents so is nice to clothes too) and it was absolutely fine for his skin. Then they stopped doing it. So we tried Ecover liquid but that was no good - however Ecover non-bio powder seems fine.

That said - DD now has eczema rash all over. Doctor has prescriibed her 0.5% hydrocortisone for the bad spots and aqueous cream on her whole body which really seems to help.

ChicPea Thu 03-Feb-05 23:04:51

Freddiecat, Dreft is no longer available? In your local store or everywhere? Used to love it.

alibo Sun 06-Feb-05 14:10:25

thanks to those who recommended Surcare; ds's excema has almost gone!!

ChicPea Mon 07-Feb-05 17:32:22

That's fantastic Alibo!

alice2505 Mon 10-Dec-12 04:32:08

I have suffered from Eczma all my life and have spent 20 yrs using creams drs recommend that do nothing or just make it worse. However i recently found a website called chemistdirect.co.uk that has a whole section for Eczma. I use the oiltum bath oil the soap and eumocream all of which really helps.
Hope this helps people xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now