I can't be the only person struggling to buy secret Santa gifts. So lets form a drop in help desk

(134 Posts)
Arisbottle Sat 08-Dec-12 18:12:03

My secret Santa gift receiver is a man which immediately makes it hard for me.

We are supposed to spend about £10 and buy four small gifts any ideas

He is in his 50s and spends all his time doing sport

19 year old: 15 pounds -

Topshop voucher
Starbucks voucher in a mug with a chocolate coin and a candy cane
PJs - can never have too many PJs and fluffy socks as a teenager!
Waterstones voucher and a bookmark
Knickers and socks from Topshop or Dotty P's
Hamper of cotton wool, hairspray, cleansing wipes, nail varnish remover etc

Tigresswoods Sun 09-Dec-12 22:19:02

2 words: scratch cards

Not Secret Santa but I need a couple of really cheap 'token gesture' presents for:

- 18 month old boy
- 6 year old boy
- man into jogging
- woman - clever and glam

UniS Sun 09-Dec-12 22:20:53

19 year old church going civil engineer.
-Body shop ( or similar ) hand cream/ body butter & similar bits.
- Fair trade snacky hamper.

UniS Sun 09-Dec-12 22:22:02

small "token pressie for 6 yr old boy - LEGO. from a mini figure ( £1.99) upwards , most 6 yr olds will be delighted.

Thanks Uni. He has loads of Lego though and I don't know which sets he's got.

DillyTante Sun 09-Dec-12 22:28:45

Story Cubes £10. Great for you kids. Apparently great for adults when drunk too!

DillyTante Sun 09-Dec-12 22:29:19

young kids

Anifrangapani Sun 09-Dec-12 22:30:53

Manchester Art gallery has some great things in the £5-10 range. Iwas spoilt for choice. Obviously no good if you are not near Manchester.
MOSI also has some fab bits.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:32:21

Marks place as I know this is coming up soon.

Thanks remus and UniS. smile

Carpediem2007 Sun 09-Dec-12 22:37:51

I have a 5 1/2 y DS, and any pen (angry bird) or stationery items is 'awesome' apparently. Bought angry bird stationery set and an angry bird pen for a atoken present for his friends and he was very envious so had to go back and get him one too, they had cost £1.29 each in a bargain home shop. Also loves glitery pens, any sticky tape, and pencils sharpeners. these are cheapand lots of nice choice.
We have lots of lego and he still loves getting extra lego stes of any size or theme.
18 m, maybe a bath toy or chunky book?
Man into jogging: running gloves/sport bottle/running socks/hat/shower gel/headphones
Woman: hand cream, body lotion, bath bomb/salt- Boots/Sainsburys/Tescos all have cheap sets

Carpediem2007 Sun 09-Dec-12 22:39:24

Cath Kidson cups cost £5 in Waitrose, I got this for my secret santa at work a woman in her 50s. Exceptionally I staid within budget (£5)

Thank you. Bath toy a great idea - will do that.
Running man - bought him nearly all of those things last year, but I suppose you can never have too much shower gel!

thegreylady Sun 09-Dec-12 22:52:24

paperchase has some gorgeous owl themed stuff

toomuch2young Sun 09-Dec-12 22:59:03

I have a 50 year old guy nice chap, only real hobby seems to be drinking as is a workaholic!
Do I just buy vodka? Or is that naff?
Budget £10 'ish'

owlface Mon 10-Dec-12 12:18:21

I have a 50 year old lady who is lovely, glamorous and if it wasn't over the £5 budget I'd be getting her SwarowskI jewellery as I know she loves it. Does anyone have any ideas please? She also likes history, family, healthy food.

Thank you for the TK Maxx heads up!

Idocrazythings Mon 10-Dec-12 17:45:36

You could get the sporty/ joggy people a box of jelly babies or some of the fancy energy gels? A little jar of Vaseline for mens chafed nipples from running? A quick dry micro fibre towel, little light you put on your arm for visibility, hi-vis beanie, special shoelaces that you don't have to tie up…

devonsmummy Mon 10-Dec-12 17:57:33

Any ideas please for a 40year old golf a holic?
I've done the joke golf ball, towel & novelty chicks before?
Am totally stuck
Budget 10-15£

devonsmummy Mon 10-Dec-12 17:58:31

Novelty chocs - not chicks!

mumzy Mon 10-Dec-12 18:03:49

Lidl do a nicely packaged mini panettone for 99p, primark do fun gloves/ socks for £1 and poundland do good diaries for £1

mumzy Mon 10-Dec-12 18:05:20

Saw an owl shaped lip balm in Accessorize recently

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Mon 10-Dec-12 18:10:04

When I got the Italian man at my work the organiser looked at my sympathetically, but he has been the easiest SS I have ever had! I got him a herb garden window box and a set of herb chopping scissors! He loves to cook and lives in a flat!

Great ideas for The Running Man. Thanks, Crazy. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now