What are you getting your DH for Christmas?

(114 Posts)

I can't think of anything original sad

Have got him little stocking fillers and the usual stuff, smellies, etc, but I usually get him a main present too, and I just can't think of anything I've not done before.

Tell me your wonderful ideas please so I can steal them smile

MrsJamin Tue 13-Nov-12 20:13:42

Bytheway1- good choice! Have you got any peripherals with it? There's loads of cool boxes available for them too.

ByTheWay1 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:16:05

MrsJ .... Yep - got the electronic kit/break out box for it so he can use it to "control things" and amaze the kids!

Yama Tue 13-Nov-12 21:09:48

Rasperry pi question!

Do I need to order anything else with it? Dh is a total gadget geek and has loads of cord n' stuff.

I however, am clueless.

Does it need memory or anything (just glanced down the extras, not knowledgeable at all)?

rhondajean Tue 13-Nov-12 23:15:49

Can someone tell me what a raspberry pi does please?

AudrinaAdare Wed 14-Nov-12 00:28:46

PrattingAroundTheChristmasTree your list sounds wonderful but please do be careful about Center Parcs as a present shock

MrsJamin Wed 14-Nov-12 07:06:48

Yama - I think you need a power supply, and memory card in the very least. There are loads of boxes to house them, including how to make one out of lego!

Rhondajean - This BBC article explains it well and this guardian article tells you how you can use it for different things. It's basically a modern-day tiny equivalent of the BBC Micro, allowing people to make IT rather than just use it.

Anyexcuse Wed 14-Nov-12 07:18:56

My DH is getting a Tassimo coffee machine for his present. I, for one, am very excited about it!

PearlyWhites Wed 14-Nov-12 07:21:57

A kindle, because one of many bookcases broke under the weight of his vast book collection

sleeplessinsuburbia Wed 14-Nov-12 07:29:52

Bookers bourbon, magazine, car air freshener and a scratchie.

poppy283 Wed 14-Nov-12 07:32:50

Dp is getting a nice jumper from the children, the new Craig Charles funk + soul cd and a subscription to private eye from me.

Iwanttobeinspain Wed 14-Nov-12 15:22:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Yama Wed 14-Nov-12 19:07:48

MrsJamin - thanks for that. We've set a £25 limit on gifts for each other. These extras push the price up somewhat. Still, he would like it I reckon.

rhondajean Wed 14-Nov-12 19:59:35

Ahhh thanks mrs Jamin. Looks great but not for my DH.

(who is ruined incidentally, I won't even post what I've bought him for Xmas, it's worse than the kids blush)

dementedma Wed 14-Nov-12 20:38:58

Amazed to see beerbods mentioned. Was at a young entrepreneurs conference today and one of the speakers was the young guy who set up the company!
What a coincidence!
DH here will be getting a computer game as usual - Fifa 2013 or some such. Don't know what else

PuppyMummy Wed 14-Nov-12 20:41:05

my oh never really wants anything so I enjoy the challenge every year (12!) of picking good presents he will like.
I normally get something for his office walls but I have filled them up so this yr I have had to go a bit practical!
socks
nice boxers
dvd
book
new afershave smelly that he hasn't had
chocs from hotel choclat
bath smellies
trainers (he picked I paid!)
desk calendar (about poo!!)

I wanted to get tickets to c pink but I coudnt get them unfortunately.

James Bond set super idea. I hate James Bond but I've just ascertained dh likes it by asking him if he'd like to go and see the new one and slipped in the question of whether he likes it or not. Cunning eh?!

2kidsintow Wed 14-Nov-12 21:30:41

So far my plan is
Some biscuits (if I can find some in a nice train-themed tin)
A comedy DVD
A wierd Al CD

AnnieMated Wed 14-Nov-12 21:33:15

A Kindle Fire HD and bottle of Chanel Bleu aftershave. Just had a tax rebate smile

cashmere Thu 15-Nov-12 08:50:55

I've been joking about getting half a lamb/pig for Christmas- but I do like meat. Always worth considering!!

flatmouse Thu 15-Nov-12 13:57:15

Thanks for suggestions!! So far i am looking further into the mystical fire and the beerbods. Have been kicking around bird box idea for a couple of years now, not yet committed!
Bday just before xmas so need to buy more!
Was looking at replacing his little portable radio that he takes camping/out with him with a dab version - but the ones i like (Pure Move) are SO expensive.
Also wondered about a photo on canvas (but which one) and maybe glass photo coaster from IWOOT but wasn't 100% convinced.
Seem to be doing well with pressies for everyone else and completely hopeless for him!! (And kids not come up with sensible ideas either).

FourHorseShoesoftheApocalypse Thu 15-Nov-12 17:38:46

Just distracted by the centre parks & ANAL thread, thanks AudrianAdare smile

EasilyDistracted77 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:38:25

My DH and I made a pact not to do Christmas presents for each other a couple of years ago and since then, Christmas has been much more pleasant! No more stress about choosing a thoughtful 'you know me so well' gift, and no more disappointments about receiving a 'you clearly don't know me at all even after all these years' gift.

Instead, we spend the money we would have spent (which was never very much anyway, we used to budget £50 each) on luxury food and drink items which we would not have bothered with otherwise, and then we're both happy!

suburbophobe Thu 15-Nov-12 21:06:33

Oh, the joys of being divorced!

grin

MammaWhale Thu 15-Nov-12 21:42:36

I got my OH a nerf gun. I don't care how much it's gonna annoy me he's banged on about having one since we got together hahaa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now