Want to feel some rage? Jaw-dropping victim blaming by Dear Deidre

(6 Posts)
SomethingOnce Sat 16-Feb-13 01:57:44

I don't believe for a second somebody actually emailed that to Deirdre. They just make it up, don't they?

And is it too 'out there' to feel that this sort of thing acts as fantasy fodder for a certain kind of bloke? (See how they kindly provide a picture to illustrate just how non-traumatic rape is - one they could just as well use for a 'nice' threesome story any other day.)

Ugh.

IsBella Sat 16-Feb-13 13:48:57

She has a facebook page does Deirdre and anyone who wants to contribute to it, can do so.

AmandaPayne Sun 17-Feb-13 09:26:21

Jesus. They didn't commit rape in law if she was too drunk to consent. They committed rape. Implies that they got caught on a technicality.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Tue 19-Feb-13 21:44:08

Ugh ugh ugh.

Is there a petition to stop the Dear Deidre pictures as well as page 3?

StickEmUp Tue 19-Feb-13 22:26:16

This is what happened to me in a way. The post got deleted earlier but i Shared - and sympathy gained so not after anymore - that i was raped while drunk and honestly thought id be blamed. I was only 16 when i came to that conclusion.
Where i got it from i cant remember.
Im npt sure how detailed is apprpriate but theres more in my story leading me t beleive it was my fault.
Im just glad drink makes memory fade.
Srry if ive TMI'D x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now