Should we all write to this man and point out that, shockingly, men also wear boots.

(15 Posts)
FloatyBeatie Thu 24-Jan-13 08:14:37

grin If your mental image is what I think it is, it does suggest a solution to the problem of our pesky female slippery footwear. Perhaps we could all take our ladyshoes to Halfords and get the male assistants there to attend to them for a fiver.

IThinkOfHappyWhenIThinkOfYou Wed 23-Jan-13 23:37:13

"having a penis puts glue on your shoes"

hideous, hideous image in my head now

Trekkie Wed 23-Jan-13 23:30:04

AHA

Here it is

The latest shoe piece

See also
High heels
Flip flops
Barefoot
Off the top of my head re news articles I have read and of course only ever directed at women. Men who wear flip flops or wellies to drive for some reason don't cause the same concern in the minds of male driving safety pundit types smile

Moominsarehippos Wed 23-Jan-13 16:32:39

In NZ its common to see people driving with no shoes on at all!

Ugg should be banned anyway. Ugly, scufff scuffffff scuffffffffy-scufffff noise. Drives me mad. And the fake ones are made from dog fur (if Mumsnet is to be believed).

OneMoreChap Wed 23-Jan-13 16:27:03

TBH, I tend not to drive in wellies. Or flip-flops for that matter.

I agree with the point that why should women be singled out... unless Uggs are specifically more dangerous than any other type of footwear.

I was going to add more and then saw I was getting wound up about a link from the Daily Heil... why do people read that pile of Tesco burger excrement?

FloatyBeatie Wed 23-Jan-13 12:54:31

Frailty thy name is Woman. The article helpfully explains that one of our unique gender-based deficits is that we are more worried than men about keeping our feet warm, hence those dangerously impractical boots.

I can only wish to God that the walking boots I wear were men's ones rather than women's. We would all be safer from me then. But, no! My tiny female feet (too small, surely, to depress a pedal accurately and forcefully?) are unfit for the Boots of Men. So I must wear slippery, delicate lady boots.

dublinrose37 Wed 23-Jan-13 12:39:16

Exactly Annie, the unsaid part being that its not boots that are the problem but the people wearing them ie women who obviously being women can't understand the principals of driving as well as a man could.

AbigailAdams Wed 23-Jan-13 10:23:57

Well said Annie!

Thank you Annie, for a mOment there I thought it was just me!

Anniegetyourgun Wed 23-Jan-13 09:44:57

The rage here is because it says women drivers told etc. It's not about telling drivers to wear suitable footwear. Just female drivers. Because having a penis puts glue on your shoes, among many other wonderful benefits.

WidowWadman Wed 23-Jan-13 07:16:17

shrug, I was once bumped off my bike because a woman wearing the wrong footwear slipped off her pedal. Yes, men can also wear impractical shoes, but I don't get the rage here.

sashh Wed 23-Jan-13 07:00:12

I drive an adapted car so I don't use foot pedals at all. Am I allowed to wear boots then?

Tortington Wed 23-Jan-13 04:11:41

i bet they are all illegal immigrant ugg wearing bastrds

Charlizee Wed 23-Jan-13 04:09:26

Agree. Male horse riders, sailors and Nazi German soldiers also wear boots.

David Williams, head of GEM Motoring Assist, as quoted (mis-quoted?) in this completely nonsensical patronising bollocks courtesy of the Daily Mail www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266369/Women-drivers-told-ditch-Ugg-boots-Hunter-wellies-wheel-prevent-accidents-caused-feet-slipping-pedals.html

Because you never seen a (male) farmer drive in Wellington Boots, or a (male) workman in steel toe-capped boots? Shock horror, sometimes even men in Uggs. But that's not 'fashionable' is it. Just, you know, practical, cos it's winter and then it's ok for men to wear boots. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now