fucking zombie movies and obtuse men

(7 Posts)
FastidiaBlueberry Sun 20-Jan-13 00:11:18

Think you might have hit on sth Annie.

Men are people but women are women.

Anniegetyourgun Sat 19-Jan-13 10:55:58

Might I advance a theory? The (slightly contemptuous?) term "chick flick" tends to mean a light, frothy sort of film that is aimed purely at a female audience; rom-com, ditzy office comedy, emotional drama, sort of thing. The film of which you speak is horror/violence, so, er, not a chick flick by most definitions, and if you were looking for a lightweight DVD to get in for a girly night in with your mates you would be entitled to feel a bit confused, if not downright misled. Some of you might enjoy it, of course, but that's not the point. If you wanted zombie sci-fi you'd have looked in that category.

However, it has a strong female in it, kicking male ass. Therefore it stands to reason (to whoever has dubbed it a chick flick) that only women will be interested in this, and it must be lightweight/frothy, otherwise it would have a male lead, right? Because chicks kicking zombie ass can't be taken seriously.

Something along those lines?

Sausageeggbacon Sat 19-Jan-13 09:03:19

I assume you mean Cherry Darling in Planet Terror, XH is an amputee so DD (18) is interested in films with amputees in. Personally the idea of an assault rifle as a leg disturbing but DD thinks it is empowering.

IWantATowel Sat 19-Jan-13 00:02:57

I forget the name of the film, and yes, that just about sums up my thoughts on it!

FastidiaBlueberry Fri 18-Jan-13 23:03:32

"Wankers. Give me wine so that I can ignore your idiocy in comfort".

Is that the sort of thing you mean? wink

BacardiNCoke Fri 18-Jan-13 22:27:08

Um, I don't know what film you're talking about, but I'm a bit scared. <backs away slowly>

I do love zombies though. <useless comment> grin

IWantATowel Fri 18-Jan-13 22:24:30

So apparently, because the pole dancing stripper woman sticks her half amputated leg into the men and kills them after goodness knows how long of torment, it makes the movie a chick flick? Please help me to verbalise what I am thinking hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now