fucking zombie movies and obtuse men

(7 Posts)
IWantATowel Fri 18-Jan-13 22:24:30

So apparently, because the pole dancing stripper woman sticks her half amputated leg into the men and kills them after goodness knows how long of torment, it makes the movie a chick flick? Please help me to verbalise what I am thinking hmm

BacardiNCoke Fri 18-Jan-13 22:27:08

Um, I don't know what film you're talking about, but I'm a bit scared. <backs away slowly>

I do love zombies though. <useless comment> grin

FastidiaBlueberry Fri 18-Jan-13 23:03:32

"Wankers. Give me wine so that I can ignore your idiocy in comfort".

Is that the sort of thing you mean? wink

IWantATowel Sat 19-Jan-13 00:02:57

I forget the name of the film, and yes, that just about sums up my thoughts on it!

Sausageeggbacon Sat 19-Jan-13 09:03:19

I assume you mean Cherry Darling in Planet Terror, XH is an amputee so DD (18) is interested in films with amputees in. Personally the idea of an assault rifle as a leg disturbing but DD thinks it is empowering.

Anniegetyourgun Sat 19-Jan-13 10:55:58

Might I advance a theory? The (slightly contemptuous?) term "chick flick" tends to mean a light, frothy sort of film that is aimed purely at a female audience; rom-com, ditzy office comedy, emotional drama, sort of thing. The film of which you speak is horror/violence, so, er, not a chick flick by most definitions, and if you were looking for a lightweight DVD to get in for a girly night in with your mates you would be entitled to feel a bit confused, if not downright misled. Some of you might enjoy it, of course, but that's not the point. If you wanted zombie sci-fi you'd have looked in that category.

However, it has a strong female in it, kicking male ass. Therefore it stands to reason (to whoever has dubbed it a chick flick) that only women will be interested in this, and it must be lightweight/frothy, otherwise it would have a male lead, right? Because chicks kicking zombie ass can't be taken seriously.

Something along those lines?

FastidiaBlueberry Sun 20-Jan-13 00:11:18

Think you might have hit on sth Annie.

Men are people but women are women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now