defiant and proud of it!

(9 Posts)
KayHarker Wed 02-Jan-13 20:55:48

I don't know how feministy it is really, as I'm still kind of new to this. I'm finding it very helpful to get past a lot of the misconceptions I've been labouring under for most of my marriage.

AbigailAdams Wed 02-Jan-13 19:26:31

Slightly off topic but is the book any good? I didn't know it was feministy and my wonderful SIL has bought it for my MIL who has dismissed it as she "didn't understand" it confused. I hasten to add my MIL normally has impeccable reading tastes!

KayHarker Wed 02-Jan-13 16:04:14

Steady on!

LRDtheFeministDude Mon 31-Dec-12 13:11:36

Good on you! grin

The next step is to read it out in public with him and see how he reacts. wink

KayHarker Mon 31-Dec-12 12:50:00

When the wolves are running that's more than anyone knows... grin

TeaBrick Mon 31-Dec-12 12:43:16

So the wolves are running eh, Kay? If you see someone, tell them someone's safe grin

KayHarker Mon 31-Dec-12 12:31:48

grin

namechangeguy Mon 31-Dec-12 12:31:11

Leave the bastard.

KayHarker Mon 31-Dec-12 11:28:46

I'm reading Women Who Run With The Wolves atm. Dp saw the title and said 'Is that feminist book?' with a sneering tone. I felt ashamed for a minute and sheepishly said that it was and put it down.

Then I suddenly got some back bone and a minute later said "Yes, it is, and I'll read what I like"

Which garnered a subdued "Oh, ok" in response.

I know it doesn't sound a lot, but moments like this are building up and I'm getting more and more independent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now