That woman on the Morrison's ad...

(27 Posts)
roundwindow Mon 10-Dec-12 16:51:00

should soooo read Wifework. Dontcha think?

KRITIQ Thu 27-Dec-12 19:43:17

Reason 46 why I'm glad not to have a TV. Haven't seen this and wish now I hadn't seen it at all.

I think the surreal scenes were meant to be funny, and would have been without the grim voice over and shots of a woman who appears to be descending into a nervous breakdown. The line at the end, where she's clearly invisible to and unacknowledged by the throng of people around her, snarfing down all the food, where she says she wouldn't have it any other way, well, jaw dropped to floor.

Thing is, they could have had a really funny, witty commercial if they just left in the turkey wrestling scene, the Escherian kitchen cupboard and the mountain of sprouts if they'd actually just focussed on the "silly things" form Christmas preparation and included all the family members (not just the dad at the start,) experiencing the stuff. Nope, they went the whole nine yards of mother-as-masochist-martyr. Doesn't make me think "Happy Christmas" at all (or feel inclined to shop there.)

GothAnneGeddes Sat 29-Dec-12 01:30:04

That is horrendous.

It's like a Ken Loach version of the almost as hideous Asda advert. She looks like she's about to have a nervous breakdown.

Baffling, as I thought ad execs were paid to ensure viewers came away with a positive view of their brand, which you'd imagine an ad showing the family helping each other for a jolly cosy Xmas would do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now