Bridesmaid dresses - bought vs made to measure?

(9 Posts)
ColdTeaAgain Tue 22-Oct-13 08:48:31

I have three adult bridesmaids, all very different body types. One in particular, very likely to be pregnant at time of wedding!

I like the full length floaty type dresses you find in coast atm but they're too expensive for my budget and not in the colour I want anyway.

Anyone know much about having dresses made and how it would compare in price?

caroldecker Tue 22-Oct-13 19:53:00

Can't believe hand-made dresses could ever be cheaper than anything in coast

littlemisswine Tue 22-Oct-13 20:20:45

look at evica dresses on Google

we got ours for 60 each and were full length corset ones

LondonNightmareInGhostlyBoots Wed 23-Oct-13 13:44:59

my b'maids dresses were much much cheaper than in shops, suited my maids well and were the exact colours I wanted as we got them made. I was really happy with them and they cost about £30, £35 a dress including fabric and everything. if you are in sw London I can give you the dressmakers number and address? only slight issue is she does not speak great English, her first language is Portuguese.

ColdTeaAgain Wed 23-Oct-13 14:00:21

Thanks but I live in Devon, good to know that dresses can be done for that price though! Definitely worth investigating before buying from the shops!

Mileo Fri 20-Dec-13 17:42:30

Do you mean this Evica and these Bridesmaid dresses? I like them, especially halterneck.

CalorHousewifeoftheYear Fri 27-Dec-13 22:07:11

Debenhams having half price sale right now. Got mine for 60 each.

This may now be too late... but if you live in Devon, there's a shop in Taunton who do made to measure and stock size bridesmaid dresses - search little pride bride on ebay. I'm afraid I can't give you a review yet, but I'm looking at using them for my own, and they might be worth a look?

WeddingComingUp Sun 12-Jan-14 22:33:01

Mine will be made to measure from this site:

http://myweddingdressforless.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=158&osCsid=279ee0903afd3bdfda7c0ab728168b4b

My bridesmaids dresses are £92 each from that site and my wedding dress is £250. All made to measure, all including delivery.

A friend of mine had her wedding dress and bridesmaid dress from that site a couple of months ago. We were both dubious about buying online but thought it was worth a bash for a couple of hundred quid. They were perfect - unbelievable quality, delivered 6 weeks after ordering in custom-fit sizing.

I have to have custom fit for the bridesmaids as I have two average size bridesmaids, and my cousin who is a size 24. I've looked, but it's so difficult to find an off-the-rack dress in that size.

After seeing the dresses my friend got from there I am completely confident about ordering and would definitely recommend them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now