What was your first dance song?

(88 Posts)
JobCarHouseNoBaby Mon 25-Jun-12 21:56:42

This evening DP seriously suggested I Am The One And Only hmm

We need inspiration... so, what was your first dance?

catinsantasboots Thu 03-Jan-13 10:21:29

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life

GlaikitFizzHogmany Thu 03-Jan-13 10:27:19

We had chasing cars. DHs choice, wouldn't have been mine, but the band we had did a lovely version. And dh really did need to have some sort of input to the day wink

SoYo Thu 03-Jan-13 13:25:39

It had to be you - the Harry Connick Jr version from When Harry Met Sally (we both love the film, only one in our house we have 2 copies of!). We tried to teach ourselves to Foxtrot in our dining room with large amounts of wine & YouTube. The results were not slick but were funny!

SweetTeaVodka Thu 03-Jan-13 13:45:38

You Had Me From Hello by Bon Jovi.

I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith, and I walked the aisle to Canon in D Minor by Pachelbel which still makes me teary when I hear it and its our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow smile

Sallster Thu 03-Jan-13 14:08:55

Home, by Depeche Mode. It's a lot longer than you think when it's just the two of you on the dancefloor!!

BadIdeaBear Sun 06-Jan-13 23:05:43

A bit dark for us... our (loose) theme is angels but def not the Robbie Williams for us!!! Going with
Angel by Massive Attack and gonna get someone to teach us a slinky slow dance. Then segue into Bad Romance!! hehe

BadIdeaBear Sun 06-Jan-13 23:06:42

Chasing Cars is lovely, GlaikitFizzHogmany - nice choice by your DH! I'm gonna be singing that with a group during our drinks reception!

bureni Sun 06-Jan-13 23:11:02

Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

janji Sun 06-Jan-13 23:41:42

When you say nothing at all; ronan keating. Cheesy to say the least but it was 2000 and words seemed to fit our feelings spot on.

cece Sun 06-Jan-13 23:48:06

Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me.

bsmirched Sun 06-Jan-13 23:51:04

We had Someone to Watch Over Me by Ella Fitzgerald.

ChristmasNamechangeBridezilla Sun 06-Jan-13 23:54:57

Walked in to Ben Howard "Only Love"
Left to "Your Body is a Wonderland" John Mayer

First dance started as Stars "My Favourite Book" then after a few bars became The Futureheads version of "Hounds of Love" and the wedding party all joined in and started jumping around, was a bit lively for a first dance but its what we wanted. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now