What was your first dance song?

(88 Posts)
JobCarHouseNoBaby Mon 25-Jun-12 21:56:42

This evening DP seriously suggested I Am The One And Only hmm

We need inspiration... so, what was your first dance?

shineypeacock Tue 18-Sep-12 14:18:59

We had Lovely Day by Bill Withers, just sums us up.

"Then I look at you, and the world's allright with me"

Got married 11 weeks ago and still make sme well up

TobyLerone Fri 12-Oct-12 15:04:24

I'm getting married in January.

We're having 'The Fastest Way Back Home' by Frank Turner, followed by 'When You Walk In The Room' by Fyfe Dangerfield.

Walking in to 'One Day Like This' by Elbow, and back out to 'Radar Detector' by Darwin Deez.

Haahoostory Fri 12-Oct-12 15:19:13

Stevie wonder 'for once in my life' dancing to that with my husband was one of the best moments of my life. (smile)

Hayleyh34 Fri 12-Oct-12 15:22:54

"The Way you look Tonight" Tony Bennett

wintera Sun 14-Oct-12 09:15:55

We had Paul Weller's You do something to me.

1st dance - I don't know much but I know I love you, Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt
2nd song - wonderful world, Louis Armstrong

Song after they pronounced us husband and wife - my first my last my everything, Barry White grin (that one was most fun, everyone cheered)

Had a wee sniffle reading this thread!

insancerre Sun 14-Oct-12 09:36:17

We had Marian by the Sisters of Mercy
I don't do soppy or sentimental. This song is beautiful though
linky if you are not familiar with the song

roughtyping Sun 14-Oct-12 09:36:19

StellaNova think we're going to go for This Will Be Our Year as well. smile

We aren't getting married until summer 2014 but we are both quite into music and it's been a big part of our relationship. Think I want to walk down the aisle to Sea of Love by Cat Power.

I'm still not sure. There's so many songs I love that I want to include!

My friends' first dance was to Everlong by Foo Fighters (the acoustic version), it was lovely. She walked down the aisle to Heartbeats (I think, I'm v sleepy!) by Jose Gonzales. Really lovely.

Would love to leave to The Wannadies - You & Me Song grin

roughtyping Sun 14-Oct-12 09:39:35

Oh - or Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen - love that song smile

Kittenkatzen Sun 14-Oct-12 09:41:02

We had Can I Walk With You by India Arie. Not massively well known but the words are lovely and it's quite upbeat as opposed to soppy which wouldn't have been very "us".

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Oct-12 09:46:42

My baby just cares for me - Nina Simone
followed by God Only Knows - The Beach Boys. Possibly not the most appropriate for a civil wedding.

CoolBananas Sun 14-Oct-12 10:16:36

You're the first, my last, my everything by Barry White. It was really fun to dance to!

Stiffybyng Sat 20-Oct-12 10:19:45

We had God Only Knows to walk into, and Mr Blue Skies to walk out to. First dance was Can't Help Falling in Love With You, chosen by my other half, as it's one of his team's anthems. Lovely words though.

The wonder of you by Elvis.....words just sum up us to a tee. The whole room was singing it; really was amazing :-)

My brother sang, with his guitar, 'i love you because' by Johnny cash during the signing of the register. The church literally shook when everyone applauded :-) Another great song!

My best friend had 'I'm feeling good' by Nina Simone...

Sorry, I got married 8 weeks ago and think I've bored everyone senseless....hence me hijacking posts here!

newmum001 Tue 23-Oct-12 18:38:29

I'll be having Save The Last Dance for my by The Drifters. My grandad was my hero and died a few years ago. This was his favourite song and will be my tribute to him on my wedding day.

Second dance will be I'll Be by Edwin McCain.

yahnyinlondon Tue 23-Oct-12 18:56:31

We had two weddings (long story, we met and live in uk but families are in two locations in Oz).

Family wedding in Oz walked down aisle to Canon in D by Pachelbel and had Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra for our first dance.

London wedding walked down aisle to T by Glasser, lyrics are beautiful. For our first dance we let everyone choose one and they chose Land Down Under but the dj segwayed into Fly Me to the Moon for us.

ubwlondon Tue 23-Oct-12 20:14:26

Al Green, Let's stay together for us as well. On a Greek beach under the stars...

shockers Tue 23-Oct-12 21:24:26

Dulcetmoans, it's by the Wannadies. We had that as a sort of 'first dance'... our reception was in our garden and we just sort of bounced around grin.

Polyethyl Tue 23-Oct-12 21:31:09

The eightsome reel - great fun

winemakesmeclever Tue 23-Oct-12 21:32:27

gladys knight's "you're the best thing that ever happened to me". The words were (and still are) very meaningful.

Nicole2781 Wed 19-Dec-12 18:09:01

Ahh these songs are lovely grin

I'm getting married in 7 weeks and will be having "love you till the end" by the pogues (the version from p.s I love you) I can't wait!!!smile

Beaverfeaver Thu 03-Jan-13 10:05:47

Waiting for a star to fall by Boy meets Girl

(Soundtrack song to 3 men and a little lady)

SageBush Thu 03-Jan-13 10:14:51

Night and Day - in an ideal world it would've been sung by Ella Fitzgerald herself, but we had quite a cool band who made a decent job of it, and then played lots of jazzy, rat-pack sort of stuff - it was great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now