Camping weather for Aviemore this weekend - anyone?

(7 Posts)
Piffpaffpoff Thu 02-May-13 13:30:23

We're planning a camping trip to Aviemore this weekend but depending on which site I look at, I get a wildly different weather forecast. I'm pretty clear we're in for a horrible day tomorrow (central belt of Scotland) but does anyone have any thoughts on the Aviemore area for the weekend? Ta.

Brrrrrrrrr!

JollyPurpleGiant Thu 02-May-13 13:39:23

We are in NE Scotland but a lot lower than Aviemore. DH had to scrape ice off the car this morning. It was 7 degrees when we went to the shop at 9:30am.

I wouldn't fancy it in a tent this weekend but okay if you have a camper or caravan with heating.

Piffpaffpoff Thu 02-May-13 15:16:16

Im in Fife and there was ice on my clothes pegs his morning. To be honest, cold is not a problem, I'm more bothered about wind, rain and, god forbid, snow!

JollyPurpleGiant Thu 02-May-13 15:50:00

www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Cairngorm/6day/bot

That's the forecast for the bottom of Cairn Gorm. Although it looks like rain there there is snow further up.

Piffpaffpoff Thu 02-May-13 16:46:03

It's looking more and more like a no then. :-(. Still, means I don't need to stay up til silly-o'clock packing tonight. There's always a silver lining!

Piffpaffpoff Thu 02-May-13 22:51:31

Tonight's forecast was for snow most of tomorrow so I've cancelled. Gutted. sad. Nevermind....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now