Any ideas what the weather will be like in Cornwall for Easter Holidays?

(10 Posts)
McKayz Germany Sat 23-Mar-13 07:05:47

We're going to Cornwall for 2 weeks starting on Good Friday.

Is it going to be snowing for a fortnight?

sad

Ilovexmastime Sat 23-Mar-13 13:44:37

There hasn't been any snow down here, just lots and lots of rain....

Ilovexmastime Sat 23-Mar-13 13:45:47

Sorry, that wasn't much help was it? I think the weather is meant to be picking up for easter, but don't quote me on that!

I'm afraid that for the first week it is not looking good (thats as far as the models go). at the moment its looking wet and cold.

I've started a general forecast thread here

Marne Sat 23-Mar-13 17:38:25

I heard yesterday that a warm front will attempt to move in at the end of next week but they are unsure if it will win (against the cold front thats sitting over the uk), so there is a little hope <crosses fngers and hopes to god that we get spring soon>.

FlipFlopFloss Sat 23-Mar-13 17:39:48

I would go expecting much of the same we have been having - wet and cold. That way if you get anything better you will be please and surprised.

Marne, it depends which model you look at, some of them have low pressure disrupting things (the ECMWF being especially notable) at the moment the issue is cold air from Europe (not a front, those mark boundaries between cold masses of air and warm masses of air) and then weather systems moving in from the atlantic.

see here it becomes much quieter after the weekend and then the models disagree about what happens next. None of the solutions result in warm weather, they show either cold wet weather or cold snowy weather at the moment.

Startail Sat 23-Mar-13 17:46:09

It can be utterly beautiful, I don't think anywhere in the UK is going to be this year.

McKayz Germany Mon 25-Mar-13 06:22:19

Thanks. Will pack all our thermals.

Bramblesinafield Tue 02-Apr-13 09:58:49

So ..l what is the weather doing in Cornwall and should I even think about packing a wetsuit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now