Snow warnings - northern England and Scotland!!!

(44 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Sun 02-Dec-12 12:23:10

met office have now included parts of Yorkshire in their warnings. Could be tricky for some.

Its a difficult forecast as the further south you are, the more likely tonights precipitation is to be rain, but where that boundary between rain and snow will be is hard to predict, especially when you add high ground into the mix. So be prepared, watch the met office and what will be will be! Where the band is entirely snow there could be around 6 hours worth, giving rise to significant accumulation.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 08-Dec-12 19:37:46

It did say snow early in the week for Sunderland but has turned to sunshine now!! After years of sharing a rear wheel impossible car with my DH I have my own tiny front shell drive. It was a Trojan last week. smile

Thanks kitten

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Fri 07-Dec-12 07:43:22

MsInga, at the moment it is looking dry but subzero at midday away from the south. Keep an eye out though because weather systems are not far away and indeed on the Sunday GFS shows heavy snow for many away from the SW.

OYBBK, funeral is now next Friday, any thoughts?

GlaikingAroundTheChristmasTree Wed 05-Dec-12 22:14:50

I'm just outside the orange bit there! But my folks are in Aberdeen and its been quite bad there!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 21:50:13

amber warnings for parts of Scotland tomorrow.

LillethTheCat Wed 05-Dec-12 18:40:34

Thank you for the links. Will be keeping an eye as have to travel from Darlington to Thirsk and back again on Thursday afternoons/evenings. I must admit Im a bit worried, but will see tomorrow.

Labradorlover Wed 05-Dec-12 09:53:40

Am not impressed, now getting FB updates of snow from my pals in the North ( I can cope with that ) but also from friends down South near the M25.....And tomorrow's forecast has rain all day not snow.....

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 12:43:16

I'm getting my snow fix by watching the webcams on Mt Ranier. grin

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Mon 03-Dec-12 20:35:01

Never mind, Tis only the start of December and the models are showing lots of potential over the next couple of weeks in you area.

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Mon 03-Dec-12 11:37:09

I went to sleep happy (snowing) I woke up to water ..sad No sliding in car parks today then

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Mon 03-Dec-12 11:19:45

Melting here sad

Snow in Erskine, Renfrewshire.

About an inch according to my friends - it's right on the river so usual is the last place to get snow.

Piffpaffpoff Mon 03-Dec-12 08:29:48

Same as Glaikit here, I have been out and cleared my street already. I love doing it!!

Labradorlover Mon 03-Dec-12 08:06:51

BOO, it looks like there's been some sleet/rain. Still evidence of snow, but melting and it's 0.9C...

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Mon 03-Dec-12 07:36:35

Good on them glaikit!
Lablover, how lovely smile

Anyone else?

We have warm drizzle!

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Mon 03-Dec-12 06:44:48

We have has abut 2 inches overnight! Neighbours are out clearing the street already!

Labradorlover Sun 02-Dec-12 23:41:04

!!!!! IT'S SNOWING IT's SNOWING YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! gringringrin

( teeny tiny wee flakes, but it's actually snowing in North Edinburgh )

Piffpaffpoff Sun 02-Dec-12 23:30:34

Snowing in Fife!

sausagesandwich34 Sun 02-Dec-12 23:27:35

I'm in Leeds, in the yellow bit on the map but if you look at the local weather there is no mention of the white stuff

not sure if that's good or not hmm

Labradorlover Sun 02-Dec-12 23:24:23

Glaikit envy....although the sky looks snowy....

MrsMushroom Sun 02-Dec-12 23:22:35

Am dissapointed in Cheshire. sad We're off to Oz and will MISS IT ALL!!! Might there be snow in january when we come back?

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sun 02-Dec-12 23:19:18

<<klaxon>>

ITS SNOWING HERE! PROPER BIG FLAKES! Just outside Edinburgh! Hee hee!

Selks Sun 02-Dec-12 23:09:21

I'm expecting to wake up to whiteness everywhere in the morning. The main concern for me though is that the snow will be falling on black ice - there is already ice on the roads and it will be treacherous with snow in top.
Take care when driving tomorrow folks, esp early tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now