Yeo valley for a 6mth old?

(8 Posts)
MrsWhirling Sat 08-Jun-13 08:18:22

Is it ok to give my 6mth old natural yoghurt for breakfast? Thank you x

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 08-Jun-13 09:31:06

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be ok. What is it that's worrying you about it?

Have you seen this thread on breakfast ideas? smile

Absolutely fine smile

MilkRunningOutAgain Mon 10-Jun-13 16:42:33

Mine have been wolfing it down from 6 months and still get through 2 big pots a week , now aged 10 and 7.

KatAndKit Mon 10-Jun-13 16:51:24

It's fine and actually healthier than petits filous which have a lot of added sugar. You should make sure the natural yoghurt is full fat not low fat for babies. My DS likes the Onken yoghurts.

Jellylorum Tue 11-Jun-13 21:13:05

It's pretty sweet though. Why not give greek yoghurt - more fat and less sugar.

QueenoftheHolly Thu 20-Jun-13 00:26:44

Jellylorum (good cats name btw!) yeo valley do a small, full fat unsweetened pot.

MotherofDragons82 Fri 21-Jun-13 10:32:58

I give my DS both Yeo Valley and Onken natural yoghurt for breakfast, if he still has room after his porridge (which he usually does).
I usually mix in a bit of fruit puree. What I do is buy the big bags of frozen forest fruits (much cheaper), defrost and blitz them up. He then loves the puree mixed with natural yoghurt.

It's probably not that much different to a petit filous, but for some reason I won't let him have flavoured yoghurts. Maybe I'm being pfb...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now