Naice restaurant for lunch in London - DH's birthday

(12 Posts)

So, MIL has arranged her birthday celebrations in London for the weekend of DH's birthday.

As he's working late on his actual birthday I thought it'd be nice to book somewhere for a long boozy lunch as we'll be child free.

I'm after recommendation please. He doesn't enjoy anything too poncey formal, and nothing too out of the way as we'll be travelling in on the Saturday morning & have plans with said MIL from early evening in Kensington.

Thanks!

Katisha Tue 30-Oct-12 10:56:16

How expensive? Which bit of London? What type of food?

Up to around £80, we're not fussy eaters so anything really.

Central London

givemeaclue Tue 30-Oct-12 13:29:17

Kensington roof gardens has great views, good food, great cocktails, not too posh and handy for meeting mil

EwanHoozami Iran Tue 30-Oct-12 13:34:11

Maggie Jones just off the main drag of High St Ken, brilliant for a long boozy lunch. My favourite resturant in the world for non-poncey, hearty food.

Thanks for your replies, please keep your suggestions coming grin

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 30-Oct-12 14:29:46

Rules restaurant which is all traditional English food but is meant to be excellent (I've not found anyone to take me yet. envy

It's in Covent Garden so pretty central.

squeaver Tue 30-Oct-12 14:30:44

Bibendum.

Bumping for the evening crew, have liked the suggestions so far

wonderstuff Tue 30-Oct-12 20:41:26

Brasserie Zedal is nice, classic french. Food is good but not out of this world, but it is such a beautiful place and the service fab - it has a real sense of occasion. It must be a converted ballroom - its all marble and gold and grand. DH and I went for our anniversary, cost £30 a head for two courses and wine.

jbentz123 Mon 11-Feb-13 13:03:16

hey Katisha,

As I I know that there are many resource in London Restaurant Deals where you can save your money.

KarenG Thu 28-Mar-13 17:30:32

Clos Maggiore - nr Covent Garden

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now