Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

How the heck do I clean mamas and papas play mat Lottie?

(7 Posts)
nancerama Tue 08-Jan-13 14:55:03

It's fine. As soon as your little one starts kicking, the wires inside will detach. Then you can take it for a refund and swap it for something else!

saturdaymorningyawn Tue 08-Jan-13 13:36:54

Thank you all hoovering, sponging and Sellotape have done the trickgrin just not sure if I'll want to do it all again in a weeks timeconfused

saturdaymorningyawn Mon 07-Jan-13 09:12:26

I know who would make a mat you can't wash and why oh why did we buy it wink thanks Sellotape at the ready this afternoon then!

nancerama Mon 07-Jan-13 08:29:45

Dusty stuff comes up with sticky tape. It's a proper pain to keep dust free though. Big fur balls lurk in the grooves.

The music stopped working on ours. I took it back and exchanged it for something more sensible!

HighTopHilton Mon 07-Jan-13 08:28:18

Washing machine breaks it, I know that for sure grin

What kind of idiot makes an unwashable baby mat??

TheJanuaryProject Mon 07-Jan-13 08:24:47

Sympathies - we had something very similar and had the same issue re:washing machine. No advice I'm afraid as I just used to hoover it and vigorously wipe down with a damp cloth. DS was never particularly vomity though so ours wasn't too bad.

saturdaymorningyawn Sun 06-Jan-13 22:11:09

This was the first thing we bought as DP loved it. It was quire expensive. However since purchasing and DS arriving the reality of parenting has hit us. This is an utter pain in the backside to keep clean. It's velour and has lights and sounds in it therefore it can't be bunged in the washing machine. Tonight I have have hoovered and sponged cleaned it but it still looks dusty and a little scabby TBHconfused. With a DS who constantly vomits it's driving me mad!
Anybody had experience of this? Do I just risk putting it in the washing machine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now