Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Present advice - what do 12-month-olds like?

(7 Posts)
HollaAtMeBaby Fri 16-Nov-12 16:54:51

Help! I need suggestions for my godson's birthday and Christmas presents. He will be 12 months in December. Haven't seen him for a little while but he was big, sturdy and mobile at 8 months so should be walking or close to it by mid December if that makes any difference!

Budget is £50 for 1 or 2 presents (could get 2 separate things or a big joint one) and he lives overseas so any suggestions need to be on johnlewis.com or Amazon so I can get them delivered, please.

Thanks!

jennimoo Fri 16-Nov-12 20:54:38

My DD had a scuttlebug trike for her 1st birthday which she still loves now at past 2. She also loved pull along toys, shape sorters, wooden jigsaws and megablocks.
I think all of them are on amazon. Hope that helps.

ChristmasCountdown Sat 17-Nov-12 08:48:15

I put together a list for a colleague in a similar situation just this week. All of these would be available from John Lewis or amazon (sorry, I'm on phone so links are a bit faffy):

Vtech walker (noisy, but I don't know any child that didn't like it)
Learn and groove activity table
Wheely bug
Wooden trike
Wooden activity cube
Pop up tent/tunnel combo
Happyland/fisher price little people little world type toys

HollaAtMeBaby Sat 17-Nov-12 15:04:28

Thanks both! Really like the idea of a trike or a tent/tunnel. Apparently he is nearly walking - would still he need a walker? My other godchild has the vtech one and the noise is unbearable to me, but maybe that's just because I don't have any dcs of my wn and am used to peace and quiet smile

ChristmasCountdown Sat 17-Nov-12 18:17:33

The vtech walker is annoying, but they do love it. It's perfect for the just walking age - DS played with his loooooooooong after he could walk, and the front bit comes apart to play with too. A trike or tent/tunnel would last longer though ime.

ChristmasCountdown Sat 17-Nov-12 18:21:14

I just thought of one other thing - DS never had this Thomas ride on, but I wish we had got it for him. He was drawn like a magnet to it wherever he saw it, and I know 3/4 year olds who still played with it. Thomas seems to have an amazing draw to all the boys (and a few girls) I know - DS fell in love with all things Thomas long before he watched it.

A starter Brio train set is another idea.

HollaAtMeBaby Sun 18-Nov-12 23:28:47

ooh Brio! YES! thanks! Love the thomas ride-on too - might get that for other godchild smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now