Question re sharing a pony

(3 Posts)
Booboostoo Mon 14-Jan-13 19:16:38

Yes, you should definitely have a written agreement, if nothing else it will clarify what it is you have agreed on. The BHS have a sample loan agreement which you should be able to adapt to your needs.

You should specify:
- what you are allowed to do with the pony
- how you can end the agreement
- how the owner can end the agreement
- who is responsible for public liability insurance
- who is responsible for vet fees/insurance
and anything else you think is relevant.

winniesmum Mon 14-Jan-13 18:54:01

I'm no expert but in the exact same situation as you. I'm going to ask for a written agreement as I feel it's better to be safe than sorry! Good luck

ooobee Mon 14-Jan-13 15:21:59

I have just started a new pony share 'on trial' until the end of the month.

It is only an informal share, I am going to ride 1 day per week and give the owner a financial contribution in return. The pony continues to live in the same place and will be ridden by the owner on other days.

Would you expect to have a written agreement in place for this kind of share? Or is that over the top?

I am just a bit concerned if something happened (for example the pony got injured) on my day would I be responsible for vets fees etc?

The owner insures the pony, and I have got my own personal accident cover insurance (BHS cover and income protection).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now