So I start my share on Tuesday - there will be lots of snow, what shall I do?

(3 Posts)
mrslaughan Sun 13-Jan-13 20:36:40

I am really excited - I start my share on Tuesday. I am sharing a horse I have ridden quite a lot at the riding school I go too.
I haven't ridden for several months, so have booked some lessons. The Dmare has not been ridden in the school for about 4weeks, but has been hacked out. I have suggested to my instructor to start our new relationship that I would quite like to do some work on the ground with her. Get her back into the idea of working in the school and improve my confidence in handling her. Presuming we can actually do something (not snowed off) - have you ladies got any suggestions of what we should do?
I am a novice - so hence I will doing it with the guidence of my instructor.

horseylady Mon 14-Jan-13 08:27:02

If it's snowing I'd still go up anyway and just spend time with the horse, grooming her etc. It will help her get to know you. If you can ride then speak to your instructor. She knows you and the horse. ESP if you've not been riding for a while!

mrslaughan Mon 14-Jan-13 11:31:40

Been riding all my life on and off - definitely going up, as I have to feed her! But yes want to bond, wondered about doing some work in the school in hand so to speak and learning how to lunge, but guess that depends on the conditions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now