Just need to scream about a job I was promised

(10 Posts)
MrsWembley Tue 05-Jul-16 09:25:52

...starting in September, part-time and perfectly prepared to fit around what childcare I had already set up, working in a part of education that I was getting really excited about,

has vanished.

sad

Want to scream and cry, but I'm just about to start a two-hour tuition session, so I can't.

tadjennyp Tue 05-Jul-16 09:30:22

Oh no! Are you sure it's vanished and there isn't just a lack of communication?

MrsWembley Tue 05-Jul-16 11:52:16

Spoke to the agency who arranged the interview earlier and they told me it was down to 'a change in the restructuring plans'sad

t4gnut Tue 05-Jul-16 14:08:47

Lot of schools having to tighten belts. Lot of poor financial planning going on and an assumption 'someone' would bail them out.

MrsWembley Tue 05-Jul-16 14:54:10

It's a charity run alternative provision. They were expanding. Now it seems not so much!

tadjennyp Tue 05-Jul-16 17:38:34

Sorry. flowers

MrsWembley Tue 05-Jul-16 19:24:08

I am so fucking crossangry

The interview was back in May and they pretty much told me that it was a done deal. They just had to wait until the end of June, once all the interviews were over, to confirm. Which meant that I could have spent June continuing to look for something else but didn't. So now it looks like no September start anywhere, as it's far too late in the term.

Bromeliad Sat 09-Jul-16 20:21:21

This has just happened to me too, I could have screamed when I found out on Friday. I've been assuming that I have a job since the end on April and now I have to re-interview this coming week.

My sympathies and I hope something comes up for you quickly.

LockedOutOfMN Sat 09-Jul-16 21:05:50

Keep looking; jobs do come up over summer.

MrsWembley Sat 09-Jul-16 23:14:36

Oh I do hope so.sadangry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now