Does Michael Gove have an ex wife who was a teacher or something?

(11 Posts)
HariboAndWine Fri 19-Apr-13 14:19:56

He must have some reason for this constant teacher and school bashing! I know there is a lot to be improved upon but surely morale is important too. I can't think of a time in my 10 year career when it has been so low sad sad

partystress Fri 19-Apr-13 18:26:19

Good theory Haribo. He does have a current wife who works for The Times, as he once did. I am on the point of cancelling my order after 30 years of (albeit increasingly strained) loyalty because of the uncritical and partial way they report any guff coming out of the DfE. That and their opportunistic teacher-bashing - they headlined an article about anti-Thatcher protests last week "Three teachers organise Thatcher death parties". I am sure they could probably have found 3 of any other occupation, but why miss a chance to brand all teachers as rabid lefties? angry and sad.

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Fri 19-Apr-13 18:37:53

Why do people hate us teachers so much?

Obviously all men hate their ex wives and are so vindictive as to act like this.

Sorry but really stupid thing to say IMO.

HariboAndWine Fri 19-Apr-13 18:52:11

Lighten up Madame! I didn't mean to cause offence and thought the intended tone of this post was fairly obvious.

Weegiemum Fri 19-Apr-13 18:54:10

Gove really hates teachers (I'm one!). Don't get him in education at all!!

HariboAndWine Fri 19-Apr-13 19:03:54

I agree. The subtext in everything he says seems to be that teachers are lazy and ineffective. Heartily sick of it tbh!

sparkle9 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:07:37

He just wants to be seen to be a 'tough' Secretary of State so that he can position himself for being the Party Leader in the future. Education is merely a stepping stone for him. Just my opinion but I really believe that Gove is simply preparing for what he sees as bigger and better things. Who cares how many children and teachers he steps on on the way to these?

HariboAndWine Fri 19-Apr-13 19:11:14

Absolutely sparkle. He is certainly keen on making his mark.

soverylucky Sat 20-Apr-13 11:28:17

I think he had a bad experience at school - I am being serious here. He never had anything positive to say about teachers. Even the slightest compliment is followed by a "but really ....."

He hasn't got a clue. The latest plan about holidays - it is NEVER going to happen and he knows it but he is trying to show the unions that he will go as far as he wants.

StuffezLaYoni Tue 23-Apr-13 18:52:31

I think he failed his PGCE...
I really would pay good money for that man to shadow me or one of my harder-working colleagues for, say, two weeks.
Stupid clueless turd.
He c.aims to want to pull our education system into the 21st century but opposes any kind of creativity/modern teaching methods, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now