Ugh! Going back to school tomorrow

(8 Posts)
CoolCadbury Mon 15-Apr-13 21:59:40

I am so not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. I feel slightly sick and nervous. In fact, I felt like this as a kid too.

I think part of the problem is that I'm a long term supply teacher. Although I get on well with the staff and everything but I totally lack power. As a supply, I am bottom of the pile.

PenguinBear Mon 15-Apr-13 22:14:51

Hope it goes okay Cadbury. Don't see yourself as bottom
Of the pile, I know it can feel like that sometimes but you're just as good as anyone else!

MillyMoo1113 Mon 15-Apr-13 22:33:05

Hope it goes ok. You are probably far more appreciated that they let you know and it is good to have someone reliable long term.

I went back today. Shattered already, counting down til half term....

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Mon 15-Apr-13 22:40:30

We went back today. It's like we never had a holiday. Sigh.

MillyMoo1113 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:03:21

As one of the smt said at lunchtime, the novelty had worn off by five to nine...

complexnumber Fri 19-Apr-13 19:35:40

"I felt like this as a kid too."

I'm sorry, but if you hated going back to school as a child, why on earth did you becoame a teacher?

CoolCadbury Sat 20-Apr-13 21:35:16

I'm sorry, but if you hated going back to school as a child, why on earth did you becoame a teacher?

That was different though. Usually after the long summer holidays when I had not seen my school friends at all. The feeling lasted until I saw my friends and everything was good again.

BTW, I am ok now. Got into the groove and all that.

CoolCadbury Sat 20-Apr-13 21:36:10

And thanks, everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now