14weeks pregnant while still on maternity leave

(7 Posts)
GTbaby Sat 06-Apr-13 16:53:14

Having trouble finding any advice online, so wondering if you can help.

I'm on maternity leave with my DS1 who is 6months. I am also pregnant with DC2 and am 14 weeks along due end os september.

i'm wondering how long i have to go back to work for before i am entitled to full maternity benefits...

The problem I'm having is that in June we have booked a holiday to canada [paid for before i found out i was pregnant].

I am confused do i have to complete 8 weeks or 13 weeks at work between maternity leave to get full benefits? as if i go back to work after our holiday thats only 11 weeks, so potentially we have to cancel our holiday and loose a £1k.

thanks for any help you can give

GTbaby Sat 06-Apr-13 21:08:19

Bump wink

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 06-Apr-13 21:14:54

To keep your maternity pay in a state school you need to return for 13 weeks (holidays are included). But I have no idea if this would apply between pregnancies.

It might also be different for academies.

The NUT do a good document called 'Maternity Matters', which is worth a google. Also speak to your regional union person, they might know.

Be aware that LA HR people might not have correct info either.

Congratulations on your baby and pregnancy! thanks

thefemaleJoshLyman Sun 07-Apr-13 15:21:08

I was told that there was no time requirement between pregnancies but that could have been wrong. You are still employed so as soon as you return you are back at where you left iyswim?

SuffolkNWhat Sun 07-Apr-13 15:25:42

Maternity leave counts as continuos service so you can run two back to back with no penalties.

thefemaleJoshLyman Sun 07-Apr-13 21:10:07

That was much more eloquent, Suffolk. And what I meant too. wink wink

redandwhitesprinkles Tue 09-Apr-13 12:03:43

Suffolk-is this the case? Am happy to be corrected but the op is entitled to smp for the second child but most employers ask for you to return for a year to get enhanced again.

Op you won't have to pay back any additional maternity pay but how many weeks would it be if you went back to work after holiday until your due date?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now