If you have previously recommended this thread, you should see a tick / check mark on the recommend button. Click the tick to undo the recommendation (the tick may appear to change to a cross as you do this.) If you added a comment with your recommendation, you will need to delete that from your facebook wall separately.
I've just applied for a job I REALLY REALLY want but have just found out I'm expecting dc2 in the Autumn. If I'm offered an interview should I tell them and not go (bearing in mind I'm nowhere near 12 weeks)? Or should I go along anyway and then speak to them when a decision is made? Or even wait a few weeks? Starting in September would mean losing mat pay I think plus I wouldn't be able to work until returning after best part of a year. So hard to know what to do as I'd really hate to miss this opportunity.
I would go to the interview and then tell them once you are past 12 weeks and have had a scan to confirm that everything is ok.
I was in this situation at this point last year. I didn't actually put the application in because I thought it wasn't fair. I would probably have got the job (not trying to be smug but I know the person who got it and I know I'm better than him). I miscarried at 12 weeks and now as well as having lost the baby I also know that I could have been in a new and exciting job but I don't because I was trying to be fair to the school.
If you are staying in the same LA you may well still get Mat leave as the continued service part of qualifying for ML is not restricted to the same school.
I think you should tell the new school. I know of a couple of people who have been appointed to jobs and then revealed they were pregnant, maintaining they didn't know at the time of appointment. Why not ring your union for advice?
Thanks for your responses. I just can't make my mind up at all. Such a case of sod's law after ttc for months with no luck!
To fill in a little background - I'm currently working at a secondary school in a different LA to the one I've applied to and am pretty unhappy in my job and ready for a change. I just can't see a way for this to work out. I'm literally at the earliest point I could have possibly got a bfp though so not keen on telling anyone just yet. Plenty of other people wouldn't know for at least a couple of weeks I'm sure, but then again I wouldn't feel comfortable with not being up front.