Talk rationally to be about not being given a sticker.

(16 Posts)
NoStickerForMe Fri 08-Feb-13 17:29:10

Yes, me. A grown adult.

I work a TA in reception. Ofsted have been inspecting during the last two days. Obviously we have all given our best. I spoke to one of the inspectors about how terrific the head is at ensuring we have ongoing training, about how well the behaviour policy works, blah blah and was generally very, very supportive of the head - as were all staff. Even though the entire staff can't stand her.

Ofsted, during the course of the inspection, were giving feedback. Staff who received "outstanding" feedback were given a "Head Teachers Award" sticker.

Obviously not everybody was outstanding. From what I can tell I (and the Reception teacher) was "Good". I'm not bothered about this. I'm bothered about not getting a sticker.

The SN TA who works in Reception with one child, and is absolutely stunningly brilliant at what she does, also didn't get a sticker and says she is very miffed.

I actually fecking want to cry about not getting a sticker. I so wasn't that type of child at school myself, so what has happened now I'm a grown up?!

I have issues, don't I. sad

amazingmumof6 Fri 08-Feb-13 17:56:07

ah, sorry you are disappointed! I'm sure you are fantastic - I'm sending you smiley sticker - will that do? smile

What sticker did the HT get?

What sticker would you give the Ofsted Inspector?

Although, did you actually lie about the HT?

HumphreyCobbler Fri 08-Feb-13 18:00:50

Jesus, how insensitive of the head.

One person could be outstanding in the lesson that the buggers didn't watch.

That head should have given everyone a bloody sticker if she was going for such juvenile activities anyway

Allalonenow Fri 08-Feb-13 18:03:25

That's a bit mean of them, get yourself some chocolate buttons, a flake and a finger of fudge as consolation. Or maybe a wine!

NoStickerForMe Fri 08-Feb-13 18:49:39

No, I didn't lie about the HT. She does offer us training, and the behaviour in school is good.

But she is also not a people person, and wants us to be robots. She's a difficult person to work for. We didn't have to stand behind her and say the right things. But we did. We really pulled together. This would have been the biggest thing to happen in her career. And she seems to have pulled it off. Partly because to the "good" staff. (Last Ofsted was satisfactory)

Then we didn't all get a sticker. sad grin [delirious]

Coconutty Fri 08-Feb-13 18:51:08

Go in on Monday with the biggest fuck off sticker that you've made at home and wear it all day.

ninah Fri 08-Feb-13 18:59:55

I am so glad I don't work at your school! we had a lousy ofsted but a HT who wouldn't dream of patronising staff like that
tell it how it is next time!

NoStickerForMe Fri 08-Feb-13 19:09:54

And English is my first language....sorry, my posts are a little bit bizarre. [blush[

I am indeed having a wine

NoStickerForMe Fri 08-Feb-13 19:10:30

Coconutty - I wish I was that brave! grin

tethersend Fri 08-Feb-13 19:19:27

Write 009 in chalk on the head's seat, so when they get up, they'll have 'POO' on their bum.

Coconutty Fri 08-Feb-13 19:19:39

Make two then, one for being Outstanding and the other for being Brave! grin

Habanada Fri 08-Feb-13 19:22:43

Maybe she's saving on the sticker budget because she's going to present you with champers or a colouring book on Monday

pudding25 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:41:47

That's fucking outrageous! I know, I will go into school next week and give all my higher ability numeracy group a sticker for being really clever and not anyone else. I would be utterly fuming.

eviekingston Mon 11-Feb-13 13:09:40

Outrageous. Mind you at my school I think the Head would not have stopped at stickers for the Outstanding teachers, she would probably have painted a big red cross on everyone else's classroom door....and then had us all shot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now