Is it ok to "date" my DCs TA?

(5 Posts)
CandyCrush Wed 09-Jan-13 21:26:36

From a teachers perspective, would it bother you if your male TA dated one of the mums?

I can't see it being a problem, mainly because the DC won't be in the class for much longer and the TA has a child in the school anyway?

What do you think? For what it's worth, he doesn't seem to think he needs to be particularly covert about it so hopefully not a problem?

SavoyCabbage Thu 10-Jan-13 03:53:46

I think it would bother me. There are teachers at our school with children at our school and a lot of the TAs are parents-so I think my feelings are unreasonable in a way! I am BU...

I think it's the dating element. In case it went pear shaped. It wouldn't bother me if you were married to my TA. confused

PopMusicShoobyDoobyDoA Fri 11-Jan-13 23:37:52

Well, why not wait until DC is not in his class, if it's for not much longer. Bit awkward for DC too. Also, is it an academy? They seem to have rules about everything. If I were the teacher who's TA was dating the parent of one of the children, I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable.

Selks Fri 11-Jan-13 23:50:08

He needs to check it out from the school's perspective - the school might not be so keen on it as he thinks. He could get himself into a great deal of hot water without realising.

CandyCrush Sat 12-Jan-13 22:53:30

Yes fair enough. I've taken that all on board. I've known him for years through his sons but its a bit different now that he's actually DSs TA.

I wouldn't jeopardise his (or my DS) situation. DS leaves the school this year as its only infant so I'll hold off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now