Christmas activities for KS3 and 4?

(10 Posts)
Loshad Sat 15-Dec-12 12:45:09

Easy option here, science teacher so plenty of scope for interesting practicals with a christmas twist. Can't stand lessons with no work in them.

Amerryscot Wed 12-Dec-12 20:22:00

I teach to the bitter end.

EvilTwins Tue 11-Dec-12 19:20:51

big celebration assembly blush

EvilTwins Tue 11-Dec-12 19:20:32

We are told, every year, to keep them working til the last minute sad [Scrooge Emoticon]

However, the last day of term is always fun - we have the staff panto and then a bit celebration assembly before finishing early. Somehow, I end up writing and directing the panto AND organising the assembly (am only Head of Drama - nothing important, not SLT - no idea why I get to do the assembly) after which I plan on getting bladdered at the staff do.

WelshMoth Tue 11-Dec-12 19:17:14

Thanks everyone.
Definitely work then, with a Christmas theme. Thank you smile

cricketballs Mon 10-Dec-12 17:02:40

Although we teach until the last bell I do make activities more Christmas based. For example I had ICT students write a letter from Santa to my youngest son today - they had to think about the fonts, language, images etc in terms of the purpose and audience of their work (last week we did a job application letter).

With the year 9s as we are doing spreadsheets then this will turn into a Christmas shopping list, with a specified amount to spend and they then have to create a spreadsheet which will let the parent change the variables so they can purchase presents for their 3 children.

my business students are due to cover supply and demand and this is based around toys...

Basically what ever we are doing at that time I just put a Christmas twist on to it. and clever writing of the SoW to ensure that all years, subjects are working on something that can easily have the time of year as a basis; near Easter time Business scenarios are always based around chocolate and near the end of the summer term based around holidays

noblegiraffe Sun 09-Dec-12 22:25:25

I'm maths. Last lesson of term I might do a Christmas themed maths activity (have loads of colour by numbers Christmas worksheets were you need to work out an answer to get the correct number to colour). I also let them play Christmas music on my IWB through youtube.

Christmas vocab wordsearch? Making Christmas cards with greetings in the appropriate language?

Arisbottle Sun 09-Dec-12 22:20:25

If they are lucky I may smile at them and wish them a merry Christmas. I teach until the last day. I sometimes to amnesty Christmas cards or a quiz

MidnightHag Sun 09-Dec-12 22:15:09

Keep teaching normal lessons as long as possible. Even the older ones get waaay to excited if you do fun stuff too soon. Maybe a quiz on the very last day?

WelshMoth Sat 08-Dec-12 23:39:39

What do you do with your classes on the last week of Christmas term? I'm a languages teacher. Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now